Thread: Cable release extension..... Do they make these?

Cable release extension..... Do they make these?

I have a nice dual cable release made by Olympic.... the only problem is, it is too short. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a cable extension that can g o onto the end of a cable release to increase its working distance? If so, who makes it, and who sells it? Thank you in advance for your input...

We do but it is for using extreme wide angle lenses in deeply recessed lensboards so it is short. About 3".

Sahara camera was told about it yesterday and I will tell Casey's about it this afternoon so either can help you with prices.

The news is even better since you live in Las Vegas. I just left Casey's Camera on E. Tropicana and they have the extensions in stock. I told them you are looking for them.

I made my own *very* long air cable release (single) out of various pieces of gear adapted to work together. I only use this release when it's absolutely necessary (e.g. taking interior shots in very old structures where the floor boards bend easily, or needing to locate myself near a light switch during a long exposure). My standard length is 15 ft, and when necessary, I put a 35 ft extension on that to give me 50 ft. I can easily trip a copal press shutter with this setup, and can easily hold the shutter open in "B" setting. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to make a double version of this.