Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pseudonym Part II please read

Re: Pseudonym Part II please read

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Quinn
    actually, above is incorrect. (who are the other 3861 Waynes?)
    Actually - you've been misinformed. There are only 3860.

Senior for sure

Using you real name can have unintended consequences, or at the very least, interesting confusions. The internet allowed me to determine that there are at least two or three other people on this planet with the same name as me (so much for my long held sense of uniqueness )
    One of the gentlemen has been arrested in Europe as a spy, having had some interesting initial difficulty getting his butt out of the sling for being, well, your basic british wanker.

So now I think, oh great, whenever I go to that part of Europe, I have 50/50 chance of having my luggage ripped apart, and perhaps having to spend a few hours with Lady Finger wishing that idiot had stayed home. The thought crosses my mind that using my real name on the web brings up the possibility that I will be confused with the village idiot, and somehow suffer somehow because of it. Using a pseudonym removes that spurious connection, although there may very well be another village idiot out there using the same pseudonym.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Coppin
    Using you real name can have unintended consequences, or at the very least, interesting confusions.
    Indeed... there's a guy who lives about 6 miles down the road who has the same name as do I. His credit and luck with women is quite different. There was one week that a bill collector kept calling and repeating "You owe $1600, pay up... now... or else". This was followed (same week) by the woman who left a message "I just want you to know that I lost our baby (click)". My wife didn't know what to think. I had to explain that this guy was the bain of my existance ever since I was first listed in the telephone book. Some day I should try to meet him... he sounds like a fun-loving kind of guy

Senior for sure

Oh, you're not that Brian Shaw? LOL!

"There is nothing new under the sun." This phrase is specifically discussed in the Old Testament of the Bible, a good deal of which was written about 2000 years ago, and frankly still holds true. The world has not changed much in that time, only grown in population. The number of slime balls, liars, whores, thiefs and murderers, slick politicians, and crooked cops grows in direct proportion to the population.....period!

With the advent of the web, e-mails, and fax machines......the world we live in has certainly been made smaller, and EACH of us has become more accessible as a direct result of that technology. Factor in that sector of the "less-than-desirable" gene pool, and we are back to square one: as strong as the belief is, that people are "basically good", and admittedly I share that belief, there is always someone who will do everything in their power to screw you to the wall, and do it repeatedly, think nothing of it, and sleep well at night.

The name I use for this site is a modification of my real name, and I am comfortable with that. I would have no qualms using my complete name. I signed in to join a forum that caters to my new love, large format photography. But like a gentleman has earlier written here, if I think my security is in jeopardy, I will quickly forget this website ever existed.

Thanks for making this site available to us...I appreciate the knowledge base of those who have come before us who are willing to share their wisdom and insight to make us all better artists.