Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Photographers Fanfaire in Portland, Oregon

  1. #1
    Robert Brummitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    445

    Photographers Fanfaire in Portland, Oregon

    Portland Photographers Forum Presents:

    “Photographers’ Fanfaire”
    a celebration of fine art photography.
    Lectures-Panel discussions-Book signings and Print sales

    November 3, 4, & 5 2006, University of Portland $15 a day-Free on Sunday.
    Anyone who is interested in Fine Art Photography is invited to come and particpate in these lectures, panel discussions book signings and print sales on November 3-5 at the Unversity of Portland. This is a wonderful occasion to learn more about photography and to begin or expand your collection of books and prints. There will be book and print venders plus the artists will be selling work as well!
    Speakers will be:
    Steve Anchell, Bruce Barmbaum, Ray Bidegain, Martha Casanave, Stu Levy, Janus Miglavs, Gerald Robinson, John Wimberley and Jerry Wolfe.
    panel discussions
    Art and the law, led by intellectual property attorney Bert Krages
    Pricing and alternatives for marketing your work with Ray Bidegain
    Starting your photography collection and collecting photography books
    with Jennifer Stoots, a photography appraiser.
    The creative thought process.
    Plus a workshop on framing your photography on Sunday.
    For more information about this event, PPF’s workshop and meetings? Contact Robert at 503-614-0161, robert8x10@hotmail.com or visit PPF’s website at www.portlandphotoforum.org

  2. #2

    Re: Photographers Fanfaire in Portland, Oregon

    Robert,

    This is great news. I look forward to attending.

    Kerry

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 1997
    Location
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Posts
    7,695

    Re: Photographers Fanfaire in Portland, Oregon

    I'd like to attend. I didn't see anything about it at www.portlandphotoforum.org. Is it there and I just overlooked it?
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

  4. #4
    Robert Brummitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    445

    Re: Photographers Fanfaire in Portland, Oregon

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis
    I'd like to attend. I didn't see anything about it at www.portlandphotoforum.org. Is it there and I just overlooked it?
    This is so new that my web person, who works for the USGS hasn't posted anything. He will once we start getting the schedule down.
    Sorry.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Posts
    448

    Re: Photographers Fanfaire in Portland, Oregon

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brummitt
    This is so new that my web person, who works for the USGS hasn't posted anything. He will once we start getting the schedule down.
    Sorry.
    Who is your Web person who works for the USGS? I retired from the USGS last December (Tacoma, WA). Just curious.
    --Scott--

    Scott M. Knowles, MS-Geography
    scott@wsrphoto.com

    "All things merge into one, and a river flows through it."
    - Norman MacLean

  6. #6
    Robert Brummitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    445

    Smile Re: Photographers Fanfaire in Portland, Oregon

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Knowles
    Who is your Web person who works for the USGS? I retired from the USGS last December (Tacoma, WA). Just curious.
    I really shouldn't say on the message board. I'll PM the name to you.
    RB

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Posts
    448

    Re: Photographers Fanfaire in Portland, Oregon

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brummitt
    I really shouldn't say on the message board. I'll PM the name to you.
    RB
    That's ok. It's not illegal for USGS employees to have a life after work. The ethics rules only apply to work-related activities and we sign contracts for that. We can do some related work as long as it's free or educational, not relating themselves to the agency, not politically-related public relations, and not using government resources, such as agency e-mail addresses.

    I was just curious because I noticed the e-mail address on the bottom of the PPF Web page, which is a violation of the rules. I suggest you advise him to get a private e-mail account. He can't use the USGS e-mail on a non-USGS Web page unless it's an agency approved organization (PPF likely isn't) or for a professional purpose or organization.

    As for mentioning his name, it took less than a minute to find him, see:

    http://www.usgs.gov/phonebook/employ...ov?Query=wiep*

    Just an observation. It's nothing serious, only a reminder of his responsibilities. It's cool he's a photographer and a member of this forum, he just can't use 'name'@usgs.gov that's all.

    As a retired USGS hydrologist (28 years), doing lots public related work, I was made aware of the rules. Let him know to wish Carolyn Mastin well. I knew her when she was in Tacoma working on the glacial outburst floods in Mt. Rainier NP. She's a terrific person and scientist.
    --Scott--

    Scott M. Knowles, MS-Geography
    scott@wsrphoto.com

    "All things merge into one, and a river flows through it."
    - Norman MacLean

  8. #8
    Robert Brummitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    445

    Re: Photographers Fanfaire in Portland, Oregon

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Knowles
    That's ok. It's not illegal for USGS employees to have a life after work. The ethics rules only apply to work-related activities and we sign contracts for that. We can do some related work as long as it's free or educational, not relating themselves to the agency, not politically-related public relations, and not using government resources, such as agency e-mail addresses.

    I was just curious because I noticed the e-mail address on the bottom of the PPF Web page, which is a violation of the rules. I suggest you advise him to get a private e-mail account. He can't use the USGS e-mail on a non-USGS Web page unless it's an agency approved organization (PPF likely isn't) or for a professional purpose or organization.

    As for mentioning his name, it took less than a minute to find him, see:

    http://www.usgs.gov/phonebook/employ...ov?Query=wiep*

    Just an observation. It's nothing serious, only a reminder of his responsibilities. It's cool he's a photographer and a member of this forum, he just can't use 'name'@usgs.gov that's all.

    As a retired USGS hydrologist (28 years), doing lots public related work, I was made aware of the rules. Let him know to wish Carolyn Mastin well. I knew her when she was in Tacoma working on the glacial outburst floods in Mt. Rainier NP. She's a terrific person and scientist.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll relay the info to him.
    RB

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Posts
    448

    Re: Photographers Fanfaire in Portland, Oregon

    Keep us posted as time for the event draws near (not like we're forgetful or ?, what was the question?) so we can make plans and arrangements. That and Powell's Bookstore are good reasons to drive south for the weekend. Going from being a hobbiest to a new career, whew, all the stuff to know, it will be nice to just listen for awhile.
    --Scott--

    Scott M. Knowles, MS-Geography
    scott@wsrphoto.com

    "All things merge into one, and a river flows through it."
    - Norman MacLean

  10. #10
    Robert Brummitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    445

    Re: Photographers Fanfaire in Portland, Oregon

    Newest added features to the Photographers Fanfaire in November 3-5 2006, Portland, Oregon.
    Portfolio Reviews hosted by Newspace Center of photography.
    Meg Partridge, Daughter of Ron Partridge. Grand daughter of Imogene Cunningham. Meg will be showing a film of her heritage.
    Finally, a raffle of prints, books and much more.
    All this a $15 a day and free on Sunday.
    Visit www.portlandphotoforum.org for more information.

Similar Threads

  1. View Camera Magazine suggestions?
    By Micah Marty in forum Resources
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 15-Jul-2008, 11:32
  2. Chinese LF photographers
    By tim atherton in forum On Photography
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 26-Apr-2006, 04:43
  3. Any LF photographers in or near Bend, Oregon?
    By Brian Ellis in forum Location & Travel
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-Nov-2005, 20:44
  4. RE: "Photographers Notebook"....
    By Richard Boulware in forum Announcements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 29-Aug-2005, 20:29
  5. Historical Photographers
    By William Lindley in forum On Photography
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28-Feb-2000, 15:32

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •