Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisner Camera Factory?

Wisner Camera Factory?

Anybody know what's going on with this company?

I read a rumor from a Chinese LF site that the company is going out of camera making business. They got the news from a reliable source from US. I have been on this forum and have not heard anything like that. It seems that they don't take any new orders. Maybe people don't announce their divorces like their weddings.

I took a workshop with Ron a few years ago. A very likable guy and knows everything about lenses. Hate to see another manutacturer go if the news is true.

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...id=00HSG8&tag=

Re: Wisner Camera Factory?

As of the first of this month they have updated their web site. Dont know if they have started taking orders again, but it seems unlikely to me that they would update their web site and then go out of business.....no? I have been meaning to give them a call, I guess I will do so and let you know.

PS. I gave them a call and the number from their web site "is not in service at the time"...seems there might be some truth to the rumor....
    Last edited by Jorge Gasteazoro; 28-Jul-2006 at 13:36.

There's another Wisner horror story posted in the LF forum in photo.net just today.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis
    There's another Wisner horror story posted in the LF forum in photo.net just today.
    Well, people suggested this person get in touch with Wisner. If you think about it, no phone and PO box as an address do not give me a warm a fuzzy feeling. I got a Wisner 12x20 and it seems I am going to have to have my machinist make some of the parts I will need to make it work, which might not be such a bad deal after all.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Gasteazoro
    Well, people suggested this person get in touch with Wisner. If you think about it, no phone and PO box as an address do not give me a warm a fuzzy feeling.
    I have to agree wholeheartedly with you Jorge...

As much as I hate to say this, but... attempting to make further contact is going to be nothing but an exercise in frustration and futility. It's not as if this is the fellows' first attempt... his friend had been trying for the past 2 years!

Frankly, the only way to deal with situations like this is to get the law involved. Take the seller to task and quit playing around like a bunch of pansies!

If it smells like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck... then, it probably IS a duck!

In other words, I advocate dealing with the issue head-on!

Make a DUCK A L'ORANGE now before the duck takes off!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

There is now a reference to the gentleman in Beijing right on the fron the wisners website. It seems somebody is either reading this forum or photo.net

Hope your friend can work it out!

Gary

In the case of the Chinese customer, it is possible that the shipment was lost or stolen in China. It has happened to a couple of my eBay sales. Apparently unless you are sending jobs to China, stuff can get stolen.

As to why a seller would lose the contact information for someone who paid ~$10K for 16x20 camera and 10 16x20 $541 film holders... well, that is another scary issue. Shouldn't previous customers be concerned that this guy has your credit card numbers and such? It sounds like quite a slipshod operation.

Not if you send it registered, I too have sent stuff to China and not once has it been lost, but I sent it registered. Besides, you would think anybody who stole the holders would steal the camera as well, since the camera got there seems to me it is a more logical conclusion that the holders were never sent than they were stolen and not the camera.

I think this guy's only solution is to contact Sandy and have him make him at least a few holders so he can use the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio
    In the case of the Chinese customer, it is possible that the shipment was lost or stolen in China. It has happened to a couple of my eBay sales. Apparently unless you are sending jobs to China, stuff can get stolen.

As to why a seller would lose the contact information for someone who paid ~$10K for 16x20 camera and 10 16x20 $541 film holders... well, that is another scary issue. Shouldn't previous customers be concerned that this guy has your credit card numbers and such? It sounds like quite a slipshod operation.

Well, I sent them an e mail about my camera, lets see if they respond....but I am not holding my breath....

Ron Wisner has posted a response in the photo.net thread mentioned above.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.