Thread: Thanks guys ... (long story with good end)

Thanks guys ... (long story with good end)

Well, if you wonder what kind of thread is this for - let me put it straight. It is just a "thank you" from satisfied customer.

Some time ago a came across following thread :http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=18043

- ( Thanks Craig ) -

and finaly found what I was looking for - cases for my camera and lenses at a price I could afford. (I AM aware of other options)

I wrote to Bruce from Photobackpacker concerning the case for my Tachihara as I measured different dimensions than I found on his webpage (I've sent to him a couple of photos of my camera together with the measuring tape). He replied that thanks to me he updated the camera-case matching table and so he will ship me one of the lens cases I wanted to get for free.

This was definitely very nice but it was not the end of the story.

I did the purchase but then ... 2 weeks ... 3weeks ... 4 WEEKS - the cases did not find their way through here to Germany. The reaction of the Bruce was that he shipped the same stuff to me again whithout any aditional costs. Well - after next three days the first cases appeared - German customs delayed them more than expected. I asked Bruce what will we do with the next shipping which was already on its way - he replied - it will be a gift to me for my patience and a lesson for him with german customs.
    Well - make your own opinion.

Just a few words for the cases - they are according to my taste a good compromise between stiffness and weight with nice finish. For the clarity - these cases are done in China according to Brucess design. As far as I understand from Bruce - he is still optimising them and preparing some more variants.

So - I just wanted to let you know - who are also looking for some similar products - that I am in this case highly satified not only with the products but also with the customer support.

Let me state - although it looks pretty much like advertisement - I have no connection to the mentioned company other than being a satisfied customer.

Well - as the other cases are about to come - I have to buy second camera now

Matus

Re: Thanks guys ... (long story with good end)

Bruce is a great guy, I had several long conversations with him at the APUG conference in May.