I have just recently attained an old Graflex Crown Graphic 4x5. Over the last w eek or so I have slowly tried to figure out this camera since I am a newbie to l arge format. By exploring sights like this I have gained an enormous amount of information. More than I would have ever gotten from any manual. But one part about this camera still eludes me. After searching for a few days on the Intern et and after even talking to a friend of mine who has built his own 8x10 view ca mera there are some numbers on the front of the camera (when it is extended) tha t we can't seem to figure what they are used for. Like I said, when the bellows are extended (and as you focus the lens) there is an arrow in the upper left co rner that slides along pointing towards other numbers and the infinity symbol. Finally my question: what are these numbers corresponding to and how do I use t hem to take a better exposure? At first I thought they might have reference to how the camera is focused, but when I set it on infinity the image displayed on the ground glass was anything but in focus. Any help from anyone who may have a Graflex would definitely be appreciated.