Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Your "walk around" camera

Re: Your "walk around" camera

I am still waiting for my first 4x5, but have the Mamiya RB67 for now. For a walk around it's either a "Roland" 6x4.5 german ragefinder or the Canon 300D with a 35mm Summicron on it.

Wow....this thread was brought back to life. Since last year, I sold off the Bessa R3a. Now it's only my old Konica T3 for 35mm, the RB67 for MF, and sold off the Shen Hao and bought a Linhof.

Most street work is now with the old Canon D30 and a new Rebel Xti....which is light....even with the battery grip. Perfect street cams with the Tamron 17-50 f2.8

Leica M2 with 35, 50, and 90mm Summicrons for walkaround B/W--the 35mm lens doesn't often come off the camera, though. Digital Kodak digital non-SLR for color.

It used to be either my dslr or a digital canon p&s... now I bought a bessa R for that purpose. Waiting for it to arrive in the mail

I have a 6x7 and lots of older 35mm SLR stuff, and gems like the XA. Early this decade when consumer compact digital cameras were barely 2mp's their output was limited enough I'd go back to one of these other's, especially for closeups and informational shots. Once digital cameras moved above about the 4mp level they've been collecting dust. The advantages of a pocket sized compact digital with a few gigabytes of SD memory like my current 7mp Coopix 7900 are considerable. The small sensor size providing large depth of field and small physical size make them quite practical and efficient shooting closeups. And the ease of moving an already digital original into a computer in this day of expanded digital processes and tools makes such far more useful than going back to little film cameras.. ...David

My walk around is Minolta 7D (with 50/1.3 and 28/2.0) TOGETHER with recently acquired Rolleiflex 3.5T (a pure joy!) - I am still waiting for the first results. As soon as I get some small lightmeter my "walk around" stuff will either 7D or 3.5T depending on the occasion. Together it is a bit too much weight. But I am dreaming of Mamiya 6 (do not tell my girlfriend !). I somehow hesitate to go "down" to 35mm film.

My current walk-around camera is an AGFA Isola I (6x6cm).

G

Mine is Fuji TX-1 with 45mm lens, sometimes Rolleiflex.

The "always in my pocket " shirt pocket camera is a Panasonic DMC FX01 and the general walkaround camera, when I want to be prepared to make an imge if an opportunity arises or if LF is not possible, is the Fuji Finepix S2 or S5.