Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon National Park Photo Contest

Canon National Park Photo Contest

http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/n...arks/rules.htm

Step up, brothers!

Cut the crap, look at the prizes..

5D?! Hmm...a pentax/sekonic spot meter+skills+4x5 (or above) -> 5D is close to useless.

PRIZES
    The Grand Prize will include two (2) coach airline tickets (from the major metropolitan airport closest to the Grand Prize winner’s home), one (1) hotel room (double occupancy) for 5 days/ 4 nights and entrance fee to a participating national park* (approx. retail value: $2,500.00). Date of trip is at winner’s discretion, subject to availability – Sponsor will attempt to fulfill date preferences, but may not be able to do so. Trip must be booked at least six (6) weeks in advance. Hotel accommodations and air travel subject to availability. Travel must be completed by November 8, 2007. The winning photo will appear in next year’s issue of the American Park Network guides.

Each First Prize will include an EOS 5D body with an EF 24-105mm L IS USM lens, a PIXMA Pro9500 Photo Printer and a one-year membership to Photoworkshop.com (approximate retail value of $5,522.99).

Each Second Prize will include the EOS 30D EF-S 17-85mm IS USM Kit, a PIXMA Pro9500 Photo Printer and a six month membership to Photoworkshop.com (approximate retail value of $2,823.99).

Each Third Prize will include the EOS Digital Rebel XT EF-S 18-55mm Kit, a PIXMA Pro9000 Photo Printer and a six month membership to Photoworkshop.com (approximate retail value of approximately $1,474.98).

Each honorable mention will receive a three month membership to Photoworkshop.com (approximate retail value of approximately $50.00)

Membership to Photoworkshop.com subject to rules of membership found at www.photoworkshop.com/public/terms of use.html

Winners may not transfer their prizes or request cash or other substitutions. However, the Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value at their discretion. Taxes, if any, shall be the responsibility of the individual winners.

Allow six to eight weeks after submitting the Affidavit and Release and other required materials, in compliance with these Rules, for delivery of prizes.

*Participating National Parks for Grand Prize Trip:
    Yosemite
    Yellowstone
    Grand Teton
    Sequoia Kings Canyon
    Death Valley
    Shenandoah
    Great Smoky Mountains
    Badlands NP
    Glen Canyon and Lake Powell
    Glacier
    Bryce Canyon
    Zion

Re: Canon National Park Photo Contest

BUT, the 5D can definitely exchange to two Symmar XL :P

I am new to this forum, how do I find info on the Photo contest?

Something tells me the winning photos for this contest will be shot with digitals.

I can't imagine why why, I've just got this feeling, see?
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Something tells me the winning photos for this contest will be shot with digitals.

I can't imagine why why, I've just got this feeling, see?
    Honestly, I can't imagine either.

The rules state very clearly that "Photos must be captured with either a digital camera or scanned from a film slide, negative or print and submitted in the baseline JPEG".

I don't see any particular bias in that.

But genuinely interesting as it appears to be, this contest has absolutely nothing to do with LF. What I honestly can't imagine is why was information about this particular contest posted here, on LF discussion board and I can imagine even less what would be the reason for contrite responses...

It actually does look like a very nice little enthusiast contest with very nice prizes. Seriously, what's the problem there?

I think it would be entertaingly ironic for someone to win this using a large-format film camera and a Nikon lens

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh Malik View Post
    I think it would be entertaingly ironic for someone to win this using a large-format film camera and a Nikon lens
    Ironic? Why, isn't the whole purpose of such a contest to discover really talented non-professionals and upgrade their equipment to match their talent?

IMHO most contests generously give you hints as to what the judges consider worthwhile. I could be wrong of course.

Lol, wouldn't it be cool if a cyanotype won? Perhaps if it was taken with a digital camera!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    IMHO most contests generously give you hints as to what the judges consider worthwhile. I could be wrong of course.

Lol, wouldn't it be cool if a cyanotype won? Perhaps if it was taken with a digital camera!
    I think the probability of that happening would be just slightly higher than that of an inkjet print winning an award over at apug...

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    Ironic? Why, isn't the whole purpose of such a contest to discover really talented non-professionals and upgrade their equipment to match their talent?

Wouldn't a digitoy be a downgrade in equipment for most of us?