Thread: Photo-Assistant Training Scam Warning

Angry Photo-Assistant Training Scam Warning

Calumet is pulling a bait and switch with their "Photo-Assistant Training" marketeering.
    The flyer that they sent as well as their web site creates the illusion that a person will actually get some photo-assistant training on different camera platforms including Hasselblad, Leaf, Phase One, Nikon, and Canon. They even make you call up for a ticket confirmation number to attend the "Training" from 10:00 to 4:00.
    My wife, Shelah and I signed up and took time off from work to attend the "Training".
    Imagine our dismay when we and a bevy of others showed up at Calumet only to find the same old, reps at tables, as one would find at any Rep day at any camera store. When we asked the reps about the "training", they said "No training, you need to talk to someone at Calumet about that". When I talked to the store manager and showed him the add that said "Photo-Assistant Training", he clained that it was a misprint. Well they have a lot of other misprints comming up so others be warned and
    Shame on you Calumet!

Robin

Re: Photo-Assistant Training Scam Warning

HAHAHAHA!

Training.

Re: Photo-Assistant Training Scam Warning

Just curious, did the manager say exactly what it was supposed to say? Seems kind of hard to print "Photo Assistant Training" when you mean something different. The misprint defense reminds me of the old story about the golfer Tommy Bolt whose age in a newspaper article was given as 69 when he was 59. After he pointed out the error the newspaper defended itself by saying it was a typo. Bolt's response - "Typo my ass, it was a perfect 6 and a perfect 9."
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.