Thread: Profile for the newest inkjet papers??

Profile for the newest inkjet papers??

Hi guys, I'm looking for a decent 7800/9800 profile for the new papers that have just come out. I have a roll of the Museo Silver Rag, and some of the whiter Hahnemuhle and also a roll of the third brand that's almost identical to the Hahme. The profiles that all three manufacturers offer on their website aren't so hot (actually I can't get the Hahnemuhle one to download properly; the other two are not optimal). The papers print very similarly, so I'm imagining that a good profile for one will be very close to right on for the other. Does anyone have a good profile for any of these papers that you could share with me?

~cj

www.chrisjordan.com

Re: Profile for the newest inkjet papers??

Andrew Rodney will make a profile for you. So will Chromix. There are doubless many others as well.

Bruce Watson

Yeh, I already talked to those guys, and they're my backup if no one else has a profile to share. Those guys only make custom profiles, which I think is overkill with the 7800/9800 because the printers are all virtually identical in the way they print.

Keep working on the Hanemuhle profile (maybe email them and ask them to email the profile). Their profiles tend to be pretty decent. The folks at West Coast Imaging used the stock Hahnemuhle profiles for their Ultrachrome printers (don't know abou the newest printers though). I personally use the stock Hahnemuhle profile for the German Etching paper on my 4000.

Quote Originally Posted by chris jordan
    Yeh, I already talked to those guys, and they're my backup if no one else has a profile to share. Those guys only make custom profiles, which I think is overkill with the 7800/9800 because the printers are all virtually identical in the way they print.

This is much less true than epson would have you believe....if you use ColorBase you can bring the 800 series closer together for sure but if you're running just one printer and want the best from it, you're still measurably and visibly best off with a custom profile.

Profile for Museo