Looking up and smiling, the girl asked me. "Well," redfaced and stammering, I tried hard to think and give the right answer, "I do take pictures with a wooden camera, but not for a living." This happened four weeks ago when a group of people were wine tasting in a beautifl vineyard near Santa Barbara. Upon arriving, I was so enchanted by the mission style building of the vineyard, its white walls with black bells bathed in the slanting golden light of a late afternoon. There was also a light early summer breeze. So I went back to my car and took out my Deardorff and Ries tripod and made four exposures while other people tasted their wine. When all finished, hot, thirsty and happy, I went to the hall to join my friends and to taste the four different wines I had paid and not touched. That was when my friend Tony tried to explain to the wine girl why I was late. "You should see him with that big wood camera you only see in the movies taking pictures outside." Even today, I still try to think of the right answer to this question. If I give a wrong answer, the next question will be if I do weddings. You must have been asked the same question, those of us who don't make a living by taking pictures, what is the right answer?