Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Yosemite!

Re: Hello from Yosemite!

Wow thank you all for the responses!

From the parking area at Tunnel view, walk 1/4 mile up the trail on the south side of the road to have a much better shot of the valley than that from the parking lot.
    Than you for the tip? Is it real steep? I remember being on one trail but it never took me out to see the view but was a bit steep.

Oh Satudray Tioga pass open all the way through 395!! I was jstu up there today and the snow has really cleared. Still on the sied of the road a bit but not bad at all. Also Sonora Pass is open all the way though to 395.

If any of you all get over this way drop me a line and we can go out and shoot.

Yeah the 8x10 is pretty amazing especially the negs. I was shooting 4x5 and 5x7 but 8x10 is jsut a different league all togehter.

Thanks again and I am really glad I found this place!

Kev

Hi ya Kev!!

gene

Gene!!! LOL! Small world! How is it going bud? I didnt realize there was other LF sites!

Too cool!

Smile Re: Hello from Yosemite!

Hi Kevin,

I'm going to go to Yosemite in August, it's the only time I have, wonder if there will be a place near the park to park my 15 foot trailer. It's new and I hope to try it out soon. I live near Seattle so it isn't far to go. I was there over a year ago but the passes were not open so I couldn't go to Mono Lake or even up to Glacier Point. Iv'e been to Yosemite only two times before and can't wait to go again. Last time I stayed at the Bear Lodge up near Indian Creek park on the river.

Welcome to the Large Format Photo Forum, I'm fairly new too.

Turner

Turner,

The passes and Glacier Point roads are open, 140 out of Merced might still be closed though. For a place to camp, try to get a space at Pines Campground in Yosemite Valley. Near Tioga Pass there is a campground below Ellery Lake thats operated by an Electric company that you could get your trailer into easily (I wouldn't want to try to get a large traile into Saddlebag Lake but its been awhile since I was there---if you can get it up the road it would be a great place to camp.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

You are gogin to want to stay on the 120 side to get through the park as 140 is closed. Check out;

http://www.stayatyosemite.com/tents/lodging.htm

Also there is more camping near hetch hetchy and Evergreen Lodge. Those areas are abotu 10 minute fro the main gates into the park. I wodl not stay in the park as it iwll be a nightmare. Outside the park is the best bet.

In the link above they have campsites for RV and hookups.

If you send me an email I will ask around for you.

Kevin and John, thank you, I know that this time of the year is the worst for parking and traffic in the park. I will check out side and will definately not do a lot of driving in the park if possible. I wouldn't drive at all if it wasn't for the gear. It was busy last Spring but very nice just out of the beaten path.

Thanks,
    Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Turner Reich
    Kevin and John, thank you, I know that this time of the year is the worst for parking and traffic in the park. I will check out side and will definately not do a lot of driving in the park if possible. I wouldn't drive at all if it wasn't for the gear. It was busy last Spring but very nice just out of the beaten path.

Thanks,
    Turner
    You are more than welcome. If you liek let me know when you are here and I can show you around. I know a bunch of places where people dont go and are not photographed very often and are close to the road.

I am always looking for new LF friends to shoot with.

Kev
    Last edited by kjsphotography; 19-Jun-2006 at 01:21.

Gee Kevin that's really nice of you. I'll drop a note before the trip starts as I am looking forward to the visit of what is certainly the greatest place on Earth. The history channel always list the Grand Cannon as number one, and it's pretty darn good, but Yosemite is beyond comparison. Yellowstone is high on my list but Yosemite Valley is like a dream.

Best Regards,
    Turner

Just found some more RV camping spots;

Camping and RV Parks

Yosemite Lakes Preserve (Naco/Thousand Trails) (RV & Tent Sites, Yurts)
    209-962-0103

Yosemite Pines RV Park LLC
    209-962-7690
    (877) 962-7690
    yosemitepinesrv.com
    yosemite@yosemitepinesrv.com

YOSEMITE LAKES RESORT
    (209) 962-0121
    (800) 533-1001
    Located five miles from Yosemite National Park, Yosemite Lakes Campground offers full hookups, tent sites, and rental accommodations. Horseback riding available during the summer. Call for reservations.
    Last edited by kjsphotography; 19-Jun-2006 at 13:55.