Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linotype saphir ultra2

Re: Linotype saphir ultra2

Hi ricody,
    In my original reply to your request for help I miss-spoke (typed). I'm not using Vuescan, I'm using Magicscan 4.3. downloded from the the Umax site http://www.umax.co.uk/support/drivers/currentdrvr.htm. I had the same sorts of problems/messages you refer to except I'm hooked up to a Win98 box. A colleague and I were trying to sort this out some months ago and found by doing a Google search that it was listed parenthetically along with the UMax Powerlook scanner...perhaps it's made by Heidelberg? .... It is a scsi scanner and the computer recognized the device etc The problem was I was unable to "find" the scanner, if I recall correctly, through Newcolor.

Sorry to be getting back so long after the original post. I tried twice yesterday but we had server problems at the end of the day and both posts were lost.
    Hope this helps
    Jack

thank you everyone for your help, i'm out of town for 2 weeks, as soon as i get back to my place i'll try your sugestions and keep u posted

thanks again!!!!
    ricody

if you contact heidelberg, they can send you the linocolor software, I have a Lino opal ultra and 5 mins on the phone netted me a cd.

erie