Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linotype saphir ultra2

Unhappy Linotype saphir ultra2

Can anybody please help me?
    I have a Linotype saphir ultra2 running on windows xp, scanning with newcolor 4000 2.0 and no drivers for it, i can make it work on windows xp ,desperate!!!!, don't know what 2 do, it comes out on "found new hardware" in windows, but doen't find the drivers

HELP!!!!

thank you
    ricody@msn.com

Re: Linotype saphir ultra2

Hi,
    I have the same set up but running Win 98 and it would not find the scanner. The solution was to install software from Vuescan which I was told had bought Saphir (Linotype- Hell) out....??? Hope this helps
    Jack

You can try these guys for the Newcolor software:

http://www.mpgsystems.com/software_heidelberg.htm

As another alternative, you can switch to SilverFast:

http://www.silverfast.com/product/He...rg/165/en.html

Best of luck.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat

thank you jack, how can i get those drivers?

i'm still trying to figure out how to use these forum :=)

At a wild guess, I'm thinking there probably aren't windows xp drivers?
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Vuescan is another option, and probably the lowest cost. Newcolor 4000 version 2.1 will run on Windows XP. Vuescan did not buy LinoColor, nor Newcolor software from Heidelberg. There is a German company still handling the old software, but I do not have their website handy at the moment. Anyway, if the OP wants to try Vuescan, he can download a trial version at:

http://www.hamrick.com

Outside of that, maybe someone might e-mail him some drivers, but I did not think that was what he was suggesting. Further, I doubt Newcolor software would show up at places like BitTorrent, et al, and I don't think he was suggesting that either.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat

you could try this which is free I think:

http://members.driverguide.com/drive...driverid=43947

I had the later version of the Linotype Saphir Ultra 2, I forget now what it was called. I had nothing but problems using Newcolor with it, the scanner almost never operated correctly, usually it would stop scanning in the middle of a scan. Often it would take three or four tries before I could get a complete scan. I thought I had a defective scanner and for a year I struggled with it, spending untold hours on the phone with Linoscan tech support (back when they had tech support). Then one day I decided to try Vuescan for other reasons and lo and behold all my scanner problems disappeared. The point isn't that Vuescan is the greatest software out there, I suspect any other software would have fixed the problems just as well, the point is that Newcolor doesn't seem to be compatible with at least some versions of Windows.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Brian,my problem is not with newcolor now,my computer keeps looking for the drivers for linotype saphir4 scsi scanner device, i'm trying silverfast and vuescan,will post sometime later

Is this a scsi scanner? If so then you must make that you have the correct drivers for your scsi card installed and also that the termination switch for your scsi chain is set correctly for each device in the chain. If the scanner is the only device in the scsi chain, then its termination switch should be on...