Thread: Oh no, I've blacklisted myself!

Oh no, I've blacklisted myself!

I have my account set up for emails sent to me of all posts, and I do get all posts, except for...mine. Somehow, I have blacklisted myself. At the risk of losing some admiration for my apparent good taste, I would like to become unselfblacklisted.

Or maybe the system administrators, probably with great wisdom, have saved everyone a few minutes by automatically placing my name on everyone's blacklist. OK, but please remove me from my own blacklist, okay? Or tell me how? Without my own posts, my email threading is all messed up.

Re: Oh no, I've blacklisted myself!

This reminds me some Asimov's stories about robots being able or unable to repair themselves ;-) or the story about properly setting up comprehensive lists of soldiers in the regiment, those who shave themselves and those who are shaved by the regiment's barber : to which list does the barber belong ?

And also : self-blacklisting is less harmful than self-blackmailing ;-)
    Last edited by Emmanuel BIGLER; 24-May-2006 at 03:47.

You don't get your own posts since the system assumes you already know what you wrote, so spares itself the effort of telling you what it presumes you already know. We've already sent vBulletin an enhancement request on the whole email notification system and they said it's something they will address if the future.

It sounds like one of those "I would not join a club that would have me as a member" things, sort of.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Definitely some kind of self-esteem issue.

Have you checked your Deprecation Settings in the user control panel?

You don't get your own posts since the system assumes you already know what you wrote, so spares itself the effort of telling you what it presumes you already know.
    To anyone who thinks this is logical, I dare you to permanently delete your "Sent Email" folders, because you obviously already know what you wrote. You also know who you wrote it to, when you wrote it, and you will never forget.

Tom, I hope this is emailing-every-word-but-yours feature is one of the ones you have asked them to undo. If so, thanks so much!

Maybe someone is not convinced yet that it was a bad mistake. If so, let all the pictures you own have your face blotted out, since you presumably already know what you look like. Any books or articles or notes you have written should be removed from your home and office, to spare the unneeded effort of telling you what you already know. Enough? Is it clear to everyone it was a mistake?

Anyway, if someone really wants to, he can intentionally...blacklist himself.

Tom, I hope this is emailing-every-word-but-yours feature is one of the ones you have asked them to undo. If so, thanks so much!
    Not specifically, but I'll add it to the request. vBulletin developers seem to have a fixation on large boards who are a bit paranoid about overwhelming the system with emails.