Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Hello from West Yorkshire! (UK)

  1. #11

    Re: Hello from West Yorkshire! (UK)

    these peopledevelop sheet film in scotland, i ain't tried them but they come recomended...

  2. #12

    Re: Hello from West Yorkshire! (UK)

    Quote Originally Posted by adrian tyler
    these peopledevelop sheet film in scotland, i ain't tried them but they come recomended...
    Which people?

    It doesn't really matter. The post is very good up here so I use anyone I can. Someone I can walk in to could be good though.

    ..d

  3. #13

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Morayshire, Scotland
    Posts
    4

    Re: Hello from West Yorkshire! (UK)

    Quote Originally Posted by David Martin
    Which people?

    It doesn't really matter. The post is very good up here so I use anyone I can. Someone I can walk in to could be good though.

    ..d
    I think once in Scotland then it's a case of developing my own black and white, and sending the colour off to a pro with the right setup. It partly depends on the home we manage to get and whether there's scope for a darkroom...

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cape Town - South Africa
    Posts
    43

    Re: Hello from West Yorkshire! (UK)

    Hallo

    I'm not so far away in Lancashire ( Chorley ) and use a Crown Graflex - they are amazing and I'm sure they will outlast most digital cameras made today ! I Second earlier post to use Peak Imaging, so far I haven't had any problem with them doing all my Velvia transparencies via mail.

    For B&W I was lucky enough to get a Durst 138S last year for 140 after missing out on one months earlier. If you keep a close eye on "the auction site" I'm sure you'll be able to find a durst or de vere for cheap ( maybe 80 like my friend ). Printing 5x4 oneself is very rewarding, I don't even bother doing 35mm much more.

    I'll be moving back to South Africa soon, but hope you'll enjoy Scotland. Was there earlier this year and had three cloudless January (!) days in the Loch Torridon region - lanscape excellent for B&W in Large format then printed to 16 x 20.

    Enjoy !

    Cheers
    Dawid

  5. #15

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Morayshire, Scotland
    Posts
    4

    Re: Hello from West Yorkshire! (UK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawid
    Hallo

    I'm not so far away in Lancashire ( Chorley ) and use a Crown Graflex - they are amazing and I'm sure they will outlast most digital cameras made today ! I Second earlier post to use Peak Imaging, so far I haven't had any problem with them doing all my Velvia transparencies via mail.

    For B&W I was lucky enough to get a Durst 138S last year for 140 after missing out on one months earlier. If you keep a close eye on "the auction site" I'm sure you'll be able to find a durst or de vere for cheap ( maybe 80 like my friend ). Printing 5x4 oneself is very rewarding, I don't even bother doing 35mm much more.

    I'll be moving back to South Africa soon, but hope you'll enjoy Scotland. Was there earlier this year and had three cloudless January (!) days in the Loch Torridon region - lanscape excellent for B&W in Large format then printed to 16 x 20.

    Enjoy !

    Cheers
    Dawid
    I'm sure I will.

    In the meantime I'd like to get around this area before I move away finally. A few early morning sunrises up on the moors or an early Sunday morning round Little Germany in Bradford call.

    I kind of got rid of most of my photographic equipment when moving and getting the Speed Graphic, though I kind of regret getting rid of the Zeiss Ikon folder. I might have to get another of those, MF in your pocket is a concept I really like.

    Bye for now...

    Euan

Similar Threads

  1. Canadian West Coast LFers!
    By Andrew O'Neill in forum Announcements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 5-Mar-2006, 19:09
  2. West Coast Photography
    By Merg Ross in forum Announcements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-Feb-2006, 12:40
  3. West Texas
    By David Vickery in forum Groups & Meetings
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 17-May-2002, 11:00
  4. Back from out west - what did I forget?
    By Chad Jarvis in forum Location & Travel
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-May-2000, 15:01
  5. Heading out west - what did I forget?
    By Chad Jarvis in forum Location & Travel
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-May-2000, 22:53

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •