Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For existing members who didn't get an email

Re: For existing members who didn't get an email

My account is also registered with a yahoo email. Looks like their spam filter redirected all messages from this forum to the bulk (spam) folder.

Yes - I've since checked my Yahoo Bulk folder and it turns out that's exactly what happened for me too. Pity I didn't think of it in the first place. I haven't been sleeping too well lately - that's my excuse! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_3536
    I never received an email either. But when I went and asked to reset my password it sent the new one to my email. So clearly it knows me. OTOH I got stuck with 3536?
    Thanks for the reminder about the problem you got caught by: The Duplicate Name Fiasco.

This was a problem discovered after the emails were sent. If a user name was a common one used by more than one person (like Bill, Nick, Steve) we had to add a tie-breaker to distinguish them or log ins would fail, or you'd get logged into the wrong account (it just picked the first "Nick" it came to). So we added the numeric user ID to make all duplicate accounts unique.

If you want to have the number removed, we need anothe user name for you, but something longer than "Nick".

I'll post another note about this situation.

Cooke, Heliar, Petzval...yeah

I did not get any e-mail also and my e-mail is pretty general, I posted around 200 posts before, pitty I do not get the benefit of history.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Quote Originally Posted by SAShruby
    I did not get any e-mail also and my e-mail is pretty general, I posted around 200 posts before, pitty I do not get the benefit of history.
    I sent you a personal mail about your missing mail. It apparently bounced back to us for obscuere reasons.

If you'd like your old account merged into your new one, send me a PM or email and I'll do that for you.

I'm afraid I've just noticed that the general password has been posted again in that thread - http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...g=200605150805 - the post from Pico diGoliardi. He has only 'suggested' it as a possibility, but it's there.

Not very complimentary about the site or its members - a former member with a grudge, maybe? Well, whatever. I thought I'd better flag it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Evans
    I'm afraid I've just noticed that the general password has been posted again in that thread - http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...g=200605150805 - the post from Pico diGoliardi. He has only 'suggested' it as a possibility, but it's there.

Not very complimentary about the site or its members - a former member with a grudge, maybe? Well, whatever. I thought I'd better flag it up.
    Looks like it's gone again.