Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For existing members who didn't get an email

Exclamation For existing members who didn't get an email

If you were an active member of the former LF Forum (i.e. posted after 9/1/2003), and did not receive an email telling you how to log into your imported account here, it is probably because your stored email address is incorrect or your email was filtered by SPAM blocking software. Since we can not communicate with you (we have no way to reach you without a working email address), you will need to contact the forum admins directly to request activation. When we hear from you we'll look for the existing account and email you instructions on signing in. Be sure to look in any SPAM folders in your email software to see if the email was delivered there.

If you can't find your email, and are in a hurry to join, feel free to register a new account for immediate use. Afterwards, contact us with a list of existing accounts you may have old messages attached to and we can merge the old posts into your new account. Use the Member List in the upper menu bar to search for other accounts.

To contact the admins, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page here. Be sure to use a valid return email address.

Since there may be a number of these requests, it may take a day or so to get the account set up for you. Requests will be processed in the order received.

We're sorry for the delays.
    Tom
    Last edited by Tom Westbrook; 15-May-2006 at 07:32.

Re: For existing members who didn't get an email

I think there may be more to it than that, because I certainly checked my registered address as advised last week and it was fine, but I was one of those who did not receive an e-mail. Then when I eventually did get the password and logged in I checked it again, and it was still fine. Only by actually <i>changing</i> it for a different e-mail address could I receive e-mails from the forum.

That password, by the way, is now openly posted in a thread over on the Photo.net LF forum, which seems a little worrying. If anyone hasn't yet changed the password for their account they really should do so immediately.
    Last edited by Huw Evans; 15-May-2006 at 06:19.

Can you point me to the thread?

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Another thing to check is wherever "spam" may be sent by your system. I received the message but did not think I did because my spam filter inadvertantly banished the message to my "spam folder".

Thanks very much to the administrative staff for making this a relatively smooth transition!

It's possible that spam has come from this domain, but since it isn't ours we don't have much control of how things are set up.
    Last edited by Tom Westbrook; 15-May-2006 at 06:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Evans
    I think there may be more to it than that, because I certainly checked my registered address as advised last week and it was fine, but I was one of those who did not receive an e-mail. Then when I eventually did get the password and logged in I checked it again, and it was still fine. Only by actually <i>changing</i> it for a different e-mail address could I receive e-mails from the forum.
    The email we had initially for you, Huw, was to a yahoo.co.uk address, so perhaps Yahoo is filtering us out. Hard to know since we didn't get a bounced email (yet). In any event people that didn't get the email should see if their email settings allow bypassing spam filters or if they can open a hole in any spam blocker software they might be using.
    Last edited by Tom Westbrook; 15-May-2006 at 06:39.

I just went there to get the URL (http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...d=00GOzo&tag=), but I see the relevant post has been deleted, so I guess that's all right now. It was there just a few hours ago though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Westbrook
    The email you had initially for you, Huw, was to a yahoo.co.uk address, so perhaps Yahoo is filtering us out.

Ah, yes, I didn't think of that possibility. Well, I've changed it now, so there's no continuing problem. Thanks anyway.

Huw.

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Evans
    I just went there to get the URL (http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...d=00GOzo&tag=), but I see the relevant post has been deleted, so I guess that's all right now. It was there just a few hours ago though.
    Thanks, that's a releief. It would needlessly complicate things if we had to change it for the non-registered folks.

I never received an email either. But when I went and asked to reset my password it sent the new one to my email. So clearly it knows me. OTOH I got stuck with 3536?