Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

I'm a new member here, but I didn't get booted from Photo.net.

I've lurked in the background here for a year or so and, when I saw the new format -- for some reason -- decided to come out of the closet. Not sure why that motivated me, but here I am.

Surprised how many people here are also at Photo.net, APUG, Ilford, yada yada. Small world.

Re: New Member

Sorry, Bob. We don't have closets here, just darkrooms.

Welcome. And, yes, there's a fair amount of overlap between the various fora.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker
    Sorry, Bob. We don't have closets here, just darkrooms.

Welcome. And, yes, there's a fair amount of overlap between the various fora.
    Well... my closet is dark, Ralph. BTW, I didn't realize you were also a moderator (administrator?) here. Between this forum, the Ilford forum, et al... you must keep pretty busy!

(BTW, I thought "fora" was the feminine singular. But I guess "fori" sounds too much like "four eye.")

Fora? Fori? Heck, I don't know. All that Latin is Greek to me.

I did, however, once read a debate on the matter between several Latin "experts" and came to the conclusion that fora was the proper plural.

"... All that Latin is Greek to me..."
    LOL! Good one!

Fora? Fori? Heck, I don't know. All that Latin is Greek to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gentile
    LOL! Good one!
    Sounds like it would all be Spanish to the Greeks...

and forums is also entriely acceptable in any form of English as the plural (having lived through this discussion on numerous fori (forii?)

Hi Bob -- I noticed you were from SJ across from Philly. I grew up in Hilltop for about seven years and attended Highland High in Blackwood. My in-laws currently live in Cape May. After I studied and worked in NYC, I married and headed south. Haven't live there since, but I do miss "Pat's Steaks". Welcome to the LF Forum; it is a great resource for many of us.

Welcome Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by darr
    Hi Bob -- I noticed you were from SJ across from Philly. I grew up in Hilltop for about seven years and attended Highland High in Blackwood. My in-laws currently live in Cape May. After I studied and worked in NYC, I married and headed south. Haven't live there since, but I do miss "Pat's Steaks". Welcome to the LF Forum; it is a great resource for many of us.
    Thanks for the welcome. I went to Triton in Runnemede, left the area in '66 and only returned in '02. In the intervening years, I've lived in San Diego, the Mojave Desert, the foothills of the Rockies in Colorado, Boston... and probably a few other places that slip my mind. (My mind slips a lot now.)

Pat's Steaks. Yeah! And Tony Luke's for Italian roast pork and chicken parm. I had forgotten how much I missed that stuff 'til I moved back here.

I'll be heading down to Florida this Fall or Winter. My folks are outside of Orlando, they're up in their mid-80's, and I want to be around them to take care of them. Guess I'll start to miss Pat's again.