Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how do I make all digital topics disappear?

Re: how do I make all digital topics disappear?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne_3861
    . . . But it should be easy enough to give it an "ignore forum" or "make forum invisible" function like APUG, shouldnt it? If that can be done I will be very happy with the new software, though I was content with the old forum.
    I don't think that's a built-in feature, but we'll explore it. We're trying to keep the software as "stock" as possible to make updates/upgrades easier. In contrast, I believe Sean has done a lot of customizing on APUG, which means all of those changes have to be re-applied after any upgrade, or re-coded if incompatibilities result.

The "sub-forum view" (what you get when clicking on the "Large Format Photography Forum" link at the top) allows you to pick those sub-forums you want to read. The "unified view" shows all posts in all sub-forums, however.

Wayne, I wasn't trying to be a smart aleck, at least this time. But this forum has always mixed digital and trad, while APUG doesn't. People are going to mention inkjet, scan, pixels in otherwise "analog" threads... and trying to filter that out is going to be impossible. Or highly disjointed.

As for getting kicked outta APUG, geez, I wasn't trying anything there -- I just forgot it was so strict and thought I could share work with friends and honestly titled the work as printed on inkjet rather than faking it or leaving it blank. But a certain Littmann supporter had it in for me and raised a holy ruckus, and Sean is definitely a "black or white" kinda guy. He was P.O. at me from supporting Dean Jones over Littmann in a prior thread.

Like I said, it sounds like APUG is a good, digital-free place. And most of the people there are good folks. But jeez, filtering digital out of this forum would be like tossing 50% of the value away. Seriously.
    Last edited by Frank Petronio; 13-May-2006 at 14:34.

I don't believe the name Old_School_Wayne is taken.

Personal attacks seem uncivil to me, yes.

Bruce Watson

Clay

I have a fully functional time machine that transports me back to 1909. Digital topics are never discussed. People are nicer, and nary a keyboard in sight.

Clay

Frank, seriously? You were kicked out of APUG? For a digital print? When about 50% of the stuff on there consists of scanned negatives? Holy geezamoly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio
    Wayne, I wasn't trying to be a smart aleck, at least this time. But this forum has always mixed digital and trad, while APUG doesn't. People are going to mention inkjet, scan, pixels in otherwise "analog" threads... and trying to filter that out is going to be impossible. Or highly disjointed.

As for getting kicked outta APUG, geez, I wasn't trying anything there -- I just forgot it was so strict and thought I could share work with friends and honestly titled the work as printed on inkjet rather than faking it or leaving it blank. But a certain Littmann supporter had it in for me and raised a holy ruckus, and Sean is definitely a "black or white" kinda guy. He was P.O. at me from supporting Dean Jones over Littmann in a prior thread.

Like I said, it sounds like APUG is a good, digital-free place. And most of the people there are good folks. But jeez, filtering digital out of this forum would be like tossing 50% of the value away. Seriously.

See this thread for info on filtering your view.
    Last edited by Tom Westbrook; 13-May-2006 at 16:44.

I think it was more about the prior thread where some asked about Littmann and I told them about Dean Jones and it all went downhill from there.

I do miss it but I'm not about to grovel before Bob Atkins, Sean Ried, or Rob Galbraith. I'm a man... and I forgot to mention that Tom, Ralph, QT, and Ted look very handsome today.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio
    ... and I forgot to mention that Tom, Ralph, QT, and Ted look very handsome today.
    lol

I wonder how well everyone would do with all things digital removed? Let's see....no scanning info......no inkjet, Lightjet....info. Your color work would be interesting from now on.

Instead of hiding digital posts.....maybe we could just hide silly ones.