Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: how do I make all digital topics disappear?

Re: how do I make all digital topics disappear?

So Wayne, you find every post and every thread interesting except those that reference some digital topic? You don't care to filter out anything else - just digital topics?

Old School Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    It doesn't look like either the software supports that configuration. Given the nature of this forum, and the fact that digital is a part of photography (regardless, whether we like it or not), digital topics are something that would be extremely difficult to avoid.

You can avoid the digital forums easily by not including them in your personalized, bookmarked search. That takes care of 98% of it.

Wayne

Old School Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Miller
    So Wayne, you find every post and every thread interesting except those that reference some digital topic? You don't care to filter out anything else - just digital topics?

No Greg, I filter out several forums entirely (the lounge, the classifieds to name 2) not just the digital ones. Nobody cares if I do that though. Wouldnt it be funny if the people selling stuff got their noses out of joint just because I dont want to read ads?

Wayne

Wayne,

FWIW, I don't know why anyone would get their noses out of joint just because you don't read their ads. If they do... that's certainly their problem!

I think it's entirely within your rights whether you want to read them or not!

So, carry on!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne_3861
    No Greg, I filter out several forums entirely (the lounge, the classifieds to name 2) not just the digital ones. Nobody cares if I do that though. Wouldnt it be funny if the people selling stuff got their noses out of joint just because I dont want to read ads?

Wayne

OK - I apologize because I guess I missed the posts on how to filter out those other things. I also missed the the one about "how do I filter out topics I am not interested in". This one seemed special because it was specific to "digital" topics. If I didn't know better I could have thought this thread was just a troll...

When you go to the camera store do you complain to management that you have to walk by the digital cameras to get to the chemicals?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne_3861
    You can avoid the digital forums easily by not including them in your personalized, bookmarked search. That takes care of 98% of it.

Wayne
    Thanks Wayne, I wasn't aware of that setting. The digital forums don't bother me much, but then most of my participation is on APUG.

How much digital equipment is used in the manufacture of Analog film and paper? It's funny to sit and read about people who deny digital over analog while they are heavy into digital timers, darkroom, lightmeters, computers, densitometers, the list goes on and on, but oh it analog all the way. Want to take out all of the digital? Good luck. Isn't there a spin off digital site comming up on APUG? It's alllll about money. If there is money then there is digital or analog or digital analog or analog digital or what ever gets the money.

Sorry to hear about Frank's experience on APUG, do they treat everyone like that?

tr

Quote Originally Posted by Turner Reich
    Isn't there a spin off digital site comming up on APUG?
    tr
    No there is not, there is a gray area for people who insist on going to an all analog site to talk about digital. Sort of like people who go to a non smoking house and insist on smoking...

Old School Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Miller
    OK - I apologize because I guess I missed the posts on how to filter out those other things. I also missed the the one about "how do I filter out topics I am not interested in". This one seemed special because it was specific to "digital" topics. If I didn't know better I could have thought this thread was just a troll...

When you go to the camera store do you complain to management that you have to walk by the digital cameras to get to the chemicals?

I propose a new forum, for guys who want to pick a fight with guys who dont want to read about digital imaging.

Wayne

Old School Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Thanks Wayne, I wasn't aware of that setting. The digital forums don't bother me much, but then most of my participation is on APUG.
    Here is my search, for anyone who cares, that ignores digital forums and a couple others.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...7&sortby=forum

Its all explained here

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...d.php?p=158143

Wayne