Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unifiied view by initial post

Unifiied view by initial post

I noticed the unified view list the posts by latest response. Is there a way to list them by the date/time of the original post? I like to see what's new, not what's the newest response to previous posts. I didn't see this in the user settings or the options, but then I'm likely overlooking something, a knob here and lever there.
    --Scott--

Scott M. Knowles, MS-Geography
    scott@wsrphoto.com

"All things merge into one, and a river flows through it."
    - Norman MacLean

Re: Unifiied view by initial post

Check this out and see if it answers your question: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=17480

Most of the specialized views are done using special search URLs. There's also a general post about this in the News section: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=17419.

I'll probably do a better write-up and put it in the FAQ before too long.

Cheers

I open on the forum home page and I click on "questions and answers" to get from there to here. I don't want to exclude anything and I don't want to see only the threads started since my last visit. I'd just like to have the unified view in order by thread start date rather than the date of the most recent post to the forum. Is this possible and if so how is it done (I read the link but got confused because I don't list this page as a favorite or bookmark it and I don't want to exclude anything or mark anything as read or anything else, I'd just like the unified view to be in order by thread start date, most recent first, if that's possible).

This should give you what you are looking for
    <base forum url>/search.php?&do=getdaily&days=30&sortby=threadstart

You'll need to bookmark it or add it to your favorites, though, since the link on the home page goes to the official Forum home page.

Thanks Tom, that hopefully will do it.

Unfortunately that didn't do it. I added that link as a favorite. When I click on it I get a LF Photography Forum page with a window in it. The upper left hand corner of the window says "v Bulletin Message." The text says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." If I go from that message into Unified View I can see the messages but they're in the same old order, i.e. by most recent post rather than by most recent thread.

I added some links in the Quick Link emnu at near the top. Try those and see if they work for you.

Sorry but what's the "Quick Link emnu at near the top." I assume "menu" should read "menu" but I don't know where to look for "at near the top" and I'm unsure exactly what a "Quick Link menu" is.
    Last edited by Tom Westbrook; 19-May-2006 at 03:35.

Brian - it's part of the blue menu bar at the top of the screen, 3 lines down from where it says, "Welcome, Brian Ellis". Click on the little down arrow and the menu will appear.

Thanks Ralph. I still get this silly "vBulletin" page and "no match" page when I click on the link Tom gave and then after I click on Unified View from that page the change under Quick Link to posting in order by thread start date apparently has to be made every time the page opens. So now I have five steps to go through to get where I want to be. If that's how it is that's how it is but it seems like it should be possible to open Unified View directly and have things automatically be in order by thread start date instead of having to first get this vBulletin page, then get out of it by clicking on Unified View, then clicking on Quick Link, then scrolling down and clicking again, all just to get things in order by thread start date every time I visit here.