Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Togs II

Togs II

Worst Post Yet.

Togs II

Excuse my ignorance...as english is not my mother tounge it's sometimes hard to indentify the 'intent' of a post, i.e. true facts, humor or ironi. Since I will probably be making some comments on this forum in the future I will use terminology picked up here ...and do not want to be blamed for using a term with a meaning I did not intend.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that 'tog' was short for 'photog' which was short for 'photographer'. So what's the big deal?

Togs II

Patrick, calling a photographer a "tog" is perfectly fine slang or shorthand, and I first brought it up a couple of months ago when a model had refered to me as a "tog." I posted the email because I thought it was funny that someone would get so concerned about the casual usage that they would take the effort to write about such a petty matter.

Senior for sure

Togs II

eeyeww. Mt. Olympus. Mt Nikon. Mt. Leica... Bleccch, how positively Plebian of those togs. And they claim to be photographers... Someone should tell them (tell them, Frank, they already don't like you) to be photographers you have to have cameras, not icons. I feel so dirty.

Togs II

Frank thanks for the clarification.

I understood your posting but became confused as different proposals of its meaning came in.

I am actually a bit hesitant to participate in threads like this...it's like one can not run through mud without it splattering back at you. The more one jumps around and try to throw mud at others the muddier oneself will get.

If we all were to act as 'gentlemen' I think this forum would be known for its enthusiasm, friendship, knowledge and artistic ambitions...be it amateurs or professional togs ;-)

I sincerely apologize have I offended anyone with this comment...it is truly not my intention, kind regards Patrik

Togs II

Poor Patrik soundin' scared of these LF people. I used to be intimidated too but, I mean, what can they do to me? Pelt their Linhof over the Atlantic and hit me? Of course not! Why waste a good Linhof? Yes, some of them are cranky and have no sense of humour, but after toting my new 8X10 around for a few hours I can understand why. Better to be just an obsequious tog and pick their brains for LF info.!