Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: photoshop technical introduction

photoshop technical introduction

Thanks to all of you,

I just ordered Color Confidence and Photoshop CS2 Workflow from Tim Grey and also the John Shaws Photoshop Guide (new release for CS2).

I had already exchanged a few mails with Tim and he was very kind to help and explain.

I will see and maybee get also the Real World Photoshop. Here I am a little bit confused as there are more of them:
    - Real World Adobe Photoshop CS2. Industrial-Strength Production Techniques
    - Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS2
    - Real World Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop Cs2

but I suppose it is the first one.

Thnaks again.

I wil definitely let you know how am I doing.

Matus

Yes it is the first one, by Blatner and Fraser. Well written.

Just buy the thickest one!

I've got all the books and most of the time I just get lost in them. I can do almost everything I need to in photoshop from what I learned from reading the PS articles on luminous-landscape.com. From his easily followed explanation of blending two images to get proper exposure for both the foreground and the sky. I have learned how to do almost anything I need to do to problem scans. I now make two copies of any scan and process them for contrast and color separately. Ignoring the sky in one and ignoring the foreground in the other. Then I blend them as explained and brush out either the sky or foreground as needed. I use Hue/Saturation which one can learn most of what you need just by experimentation. I use Curves or Levels for contrast and highlight/shadow adjustment and contrast enhancement. This also can be figured out by experimentation. The one aspect I have had to read and study about is Unsharp Mask and it took me a while to figure out that the Threshold slider was key to it all. I have also learned to do every separate adjustment in an adjustment layer instead of on my background layer. More control. The most important thing of all is not to screw it up in the camera in the first place. Then you don't need much photoshop. And use the right film.

- Scott -

Yes - I have to admit that practically all my current photoshop knowledge cpmes from diferent articles one can find on internet. Yesterday I tryed for the firs time High Pass Sharpening (interesting) and also found out that one adjustement per layer is the way to go.

Concerning the right film - my film No.1 now is my Dynax7D :-) (lot of fun). I also shoot with my girlfriends Dynax7 and I am in the state of trying different films (Velvia, Asitia, VelviaF, Fuji Color Negatives - NPC..., Kodak 100VS, 100GX, 100...) I just yesterday tried to scan for the first time with Minolta Dimage Scan Dual IV (borroved from friend) so I hope to get some photos on internet and printed I could not manage yet. Local shop askes for reasonable scanning unresonable money.

As I sad - I hope to get into LF in some months from now.

Thnaks to all of you for you help.

-PS- Excuse me for a wrong name &mail. Now it's OK
    Matus