I've always been a huge fan of dye transfer prints for color work. I've kept up with the latest and greatest in inkjet printing technologies (print with a 2200) but have so far been unable to make acceptable glossy prints. The problems have been primarily with the papers. All of the glossy papers I have tried have yellowed over the course of a year (and some of the matte papers). However, now we have the new archival glossy papers from Hahnemuhle, Crane et al.

So, my thought is to try these out and, if satisfied, purchase a printer to go with them. Since the papers are designed to work with photo black, would the R1800 be a good match for these papers? Of course, I'm considering the R2400 and DesignJet 90 as well but the R2400 is just a bit too close (feature-wise) to my 2200 whereas the R1800 seems to cover a different area. Sorry for yet another post about all of this but it seems things have changed a bit recently as have the available options for us all. I won't necessarily be framing everything and will be using the 2200/QTR for my black and white work.

Thanks,
MC