Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Okay, this is getting ridiculous...

Okay, this is getting ridiculous...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:US:11&Item=7607957163

Okay, it's a ulf lens, but over $4,000 for a "condition 6 out of 10" f/21 uncoated barrel lens? I think this will be remembered as a year of madness on the ebay large format section...

I think this will be remembered as a year of madness on the ebay large format section...

If so, there seems to be a lot of madmen around - 13 bids. As long as there are people willing to part with their money, he'd be a fool not to ask for as much as the market will bear...

On the side note: Looks like these are becoming the new aligator-clad gold-plated leicas, no offense to our Chinese brethren.

Regards,

< eyes popping >

The seller can now change his handle from "iluv2golf" to "icanafford2golf".

After the auction closes, "icanafford2golf" might change to "icanaffordtotipmycaddy". ;-)

Terence

And another went a minute before it for $3,400.

At this rate, it won't be long before Schneider can start promoting the XXLs as "the affordable modern alternative".

Is this a late April 1 item?

"At this rate, it won't be long before Schneider can start promoting the XXLs as "the affordable modern alternative"."

GO SCHNEIDER!

On the other hand, there are some lenses that are completely ignored; I just bought a 500mm Krauss Tessar for my 11x14 camera for 190 dollars, and a Cooke Ser. IX 480mm lens for only 89 dollars!
    Protars and Dagors are fine lenses, but probably over-priced and over-rated. I have 3 Protars and 3 Dagors, but there are alternatives which are easily comparable; for example, I bought a 24 inch Red Dot Artar for just a little more than 400 dollars.

Hopefully the Chinese are purchasing these overpriced lenses from some unemployed American factory worker who needs the money...