Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: used Toyo's

used Toyo's

I have the AX. My lenses go from 58 to 305, so a lack of of interchangeable bellows has never been a problem. There is still room for slight movements with the 58 on a recessed board. Never had a problem with leaks in the bellows either, and I don't baby the thing at all. If I had only $1500 to spend, I would replace it with a new one.

used Toyo's

I purchased my 45A in 1979. It was my only large format camera until 1994, so it has a lot of miles on it. I used lenses from 90mm to 270mm. With a 90mm I can get 10mm of rising front on a flat board and 30mm if the lens is mounted in the Toyo board with 1 inch of recess. The camera is very sturdy, as has been mentioned by others, and is more resistant to wind vibration than any view camera I have ever used. My bellows are still light tight.

used Toyo's

Joe-about three weeks ago I managed to get a used Toyo AII on Ebay--which had actually never had a lens mounted on it--the reality was that it was new--I paid half of what the retail price is.
    By the way--I really like the AII!

Seems like you really have to keep your eyes open--and then as for bidding on EBAY--I just bid on a Toyo recessed board that was used---that ended up selling for more that you could buy it new for from B&H--

Bottom line---I think anyone that has done buying on EBAY-has some good stories and some bad.