Thread: G-Claron 240

G-Claron 240

I suspect this is far from being a new question, but does any one know if a 240 G-Claron will fit neatly into a Press Compur that I think is the same as a #1 shutter - 40mm dia front and 36mm dia at the back. Thanks

G-Claron 240

fits in a linhof tecnica...

G-Claron 240

The G Claron should fit into a #1 Copal, Prontor, and Compur. Compur shutters have similar specs to Copal though the distance to the iris from the front cell might vary by 1 mm or so. Some of the specs are on the Steve Grimes' website if you want to check them.

not an junior member Janko Belaj's Avatar

G-Claron 240

I have G-Claron 240 mounted in polaroid press shutter, but it is copal press shutter. If you want, I can measure diameters tomorrow when I cam to studio.

SF Bay Area 94303

G-Claron 240

[I suspect this is far from being a new question, but does any one know if a 240 G-Claron will fit neatly into a Press Compur that I think is the same as a #1 shutter - 40mm dia front and 36mm dia at the back. Thanks]

It depends, I had a No 1 syncro-compur and tried to screw a 210mm G-claron (same thread sized as the 240mm G-Claron) into it. It screwed in fine, but when I measured the distance between the front and back cells, the combined lenses were about a millimeter longer screwed into the shutter. It seems that this particular shutter is not milled quite as deep as the barrel or had a little ridge at the bottom in the back cell. So it is important to have the original barrel so you can compare distances before and after. Good luck.

Kirk

G-Claron 240

>> fits in a linhof tecnica...

Do you mean that the technika can be closed with this lens in place ? Which Technika is it, and which shutter is the lens mounted on? That would be exciting news for me, as I use a Master. If the 240mm G-Claron in a #1 Copal shutter fits in a Master closed, that would be fantastic for me. Could you (or anyone else) confirm? Thanks much in advance.