will you still be sending me a valentine
    birthday greeting, bottle of wine
    If I'd been out till quarter to three
    would you lock the door
    Will you still need me
    Will you still feed me
    When I'm sixty-four "
    [Lennon/McCartney. When I'm 64. 1966]

Don't you remember buying the Lonely Hearts Club Band album?

View Camera's

Now that you guys have totally scared her off or creeped her out.... light a cigar

View Camera's

Now don't go wandering off-topic. That should be "When I'm f/64."

View Camera's

I remember very clearly riding the school bus home one day my high school junior year when a good friend grabbed me and said I had to hear this new Beatles album. At that time I thought nothing could ever surpass Rubber Soul, but I went home with him anyway. After spending a good deal of time just examining the cover of Sgt. Pepper's, he played it for me. It is curious that I can't remember something someone said to me yesterday, but I can remember that moment so perfectly.

View Camera's

Yellow Submarine was one of the first songs I learned how to play on the alto sax. Of course my version sounded like a goose getting an enema. Come to think of it the original version sounded like a goose getting an enema.

This has turned into such an interesting thread I figured better add my 2-cents ;-)
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

View Camera's

Wow John, 2 cents and a goose enema... all in the same post. I'll probably have nightmares tonight. Thanks!

View Camera's

Hello Boys

No I haven't been scared off, just finished work at 5.30pm (GMT) but it's now 9.45am (GMT) so I have had the joy of reading all your comments this morning!

I remember getting the school bus home listening to Madonna, so I guess you guys are old enough to be my Dad?

Goose getting an Enema!!!!!????????? Curiously I would like to know how would you, actually, know what that sounds like?

I do however fear this discussion has gone miles away from my original question. Apologises for the interruption from your normal discussions.

Take Care Boys!!!!!!

Ursula xx

View Camera's

"Does anyone know what the difference between an 'X View' Camera and a 'Super View' Camera?"

Ursula - I noticed where you put the quotes in your question -- and figured you weren't talking about "view cameras" and probably were asking about viewfinders. I found examples of Panasonic and Sony video cameras with both "X view" and "SuperView" talking about their viewer and/or their zoom capability. I also found Yashica "Electro X View" and "super view" viewfinders in 35mm cameras; and newer digital cameras refering to the size of the LCD screen using those terms. Those are outside the view of this forum. But sorry you you got goosed by members here.

If you ever have a question about real View Cameras (Those big cameras with bellows that use rectangular sheet film holders instead of roll film) we would be glad to help - just please be specific with model numbers etc.

View Camera's

Hi Ursula,

I apologize for my faux-pas. Of course you are a girl and one that can hold her own with us "old farts". Congratulations on your great sense of humor - most people would have been disgusted by now and just turned their back on us and our old-fashioned view cameras.

If you are into photography you should indeed try Large Format - the best digital cameras do not even come close to these odd-looking monsters that we schlepp around.

Try it - you will love it.

Juergen
    Juergen

View Camera's

Ah! Terence................. finally a gentleman!

Thank you for your input! I will pass it on to my colleagues.

Juergen, Thank you maybe one day I will.

Take Care!

Ursula xx