Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sharing an example of our work.

Sharing an example of our work.

Hi All

Would it be possible to have a facility on the forum, (or elsewhere) where each user could post a single LF image (low res & watermarked/overwritten for copyright reasons) so we could all see the kind of work each other is into?

I think it would be interesting, and give an insight into the type of pictures the posters here are making.

I have little idea of web technology, and realise this forum is probably best as a text only, but also curious about what others work is like.

I like the challenge of representing a lifetimes work in a single image as well..

Could it be done?

That's a good idea.
    Toyo 45 CF | Sinar P | Sinar F2

Do you really think a single image is representative for your work?

G

My understanding is that the LF forum is migrating to a "different" type of system. I may be wrong on that but I thought I read it somewhere here.

Maybe after that happens, we could have a forum where people could "introduce"themselves and post their website links and promo related stuff.

Just a thought.

I have such a space set up, and would be happy to allow folks here to use it. It is a designed so folks can set up personal blog space. It is designed specifically around photography so it allows users to upload and embed images in their own personal blog. It is custom-built software, so is still in Beta, but seems to be working fine.

You can check out www.omniblog.com to see the main site, then do a search for blogs. Currently, Jim Collum and I have some images up to look at. You can link directly to a personal blog by using the string, "www.screen-name.omniblog.com" so my personal blog is: www.jack.omniblog.com and Jim's is: www.collum.omniblog.com.

Notes: Allow a few moments for the pages to load the first time you visit as both Jim and I have uploaded some fairly larger images and click on thumbs for a larger image

I will be out of town and away from a computer for a week (back on the 17th) but will be happy to set folks up then if there is any interest.

Cheers,
    Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com

Abuser of God's Sunlight

"Do you really think a single image is representative for your work?"

it's simple: just bring all your work into photoshop, and blend it into a single image. people lacking clarity of vision might say things like "it just looks like a gray card!" ... but you can't please everyone. i do my work for people who look deeper ;-)

"My understanding is that the LF forum is migrating to a "different" type of system. "

that's what our gurus have told us. so this is probably a good time to offer suggestions like this.

Yes, we will be migrating to new forum software in the near future. We're working on all of the conversion issues presently, such that the archives will be maintained. The new software will allow image uploads (with size limitations), and the forum structure will have an "Introductions" section.

I think this would be a great idea. A name is fine, but a photograph from the contributor or person asking the question would add another dimension to the exchange. A photograph would also help to facilitate an illustration where needed for clarification. For example, photographs of camera movements, examples of DOF problems, what lens fungus looks like, how to attach a tape measure to your enlarger, and the list can go one forever. I vote definitely YES!

Isn't it possible to share images right now?Or am I the only one seeing my photo

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

On the main LFphoto.info page there is a database of LF photographers, where many of them have put a representative image or two and a link to their website. For the forum upgrade it might be nice to automatically put a small image that each contributer uploads and feels is representative of their work next to the posting. I've seen setups like this on other forums.
    Brian Vuillemenot