Thread: Article Submission Sites for Website Promotion

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

Article Submission Sites for Website Promotion

Has anyone out there tried any of the article submission sites to try to promote your photography website? You upload your articles there, along with a link to your website, where they are available for free download by other webmasters. Upon publishing of the article on other websites, you get a link back to your website. Some claim that it is the best way to promote a website, but it seems like the article submission sites are so full of low quality material that it would be difficult for anyone to find good content! Does anyone have any experience in this area that they can share? Thanks!
    Brian Vuillemenot

The sites I've seen all seem to have pretty much the same stuff on them. It seems to be a group of people all copying one another and linking to one another. It looks like a more or less closed system to me.

I was doing some research for my employer on what Google looks for when listing sites for searches. It refers to these sites as "affiliate" sites and if its robots find what it considers and affiliate site, it lowers the search ranking.

juan

You mean a random search with the right words triggers an ad on the side of the Google page and one must pay $20 each time someone clicks it. What about folks who just dink around clipping those ads non-seriously? Does the responder have to do something on the paying web site? THANKS

Thanks, guys, but I'm talking about the article submission sites, not pay for click. I don't understand how someone could (or would) pay $20 per click and not go bankrupt real soon. Has anyone out there submitted their articles to any article submission sites, and, if so, were they downloaded and published on other sites, resulting in publicity and traffic for your site?
    Brian Vuillemenot

Brian, can you post a link to an example of one of the sites you're referring to?

Here are a few examples of these sites:

www.articlefever.com
    goarticles.com
    www.isnare.com

Anyone out there use these or similar sites?
    Brian Vuillemenot

I have a hard time seeing any advantage from being associated with these sites. If you're just looking for links how about linking with other photographers sites to boost everyone up the ladder?

Ten years ago it seemed simple enough to just put in a buch of keywords, let nature take its course and you'd get found. That doesn't work anymore. To be honest I have no idea (other than spending lots of money) how to get search rankings raised.

As far as I can tell anyone who knows the answer wants to be paid for it. For instance, Google seems to have figured out a way to charge a toll on the content of the internet. Type in almost any subject and some of the first returns you'll get is "buy xyz widgets cheap online" from some outfit that does not even sell what you typed in! But they paid Google and there they are, first in line.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

"Google seems to have figured out a way to charge a toll on the content of the internet."

the paid ads are pretty clearly separated from the unfiltered search results.

the relevence of the paid ads is usually pretty low, because it's based on keywords. if the word "camera" shows up in your search, then the top results are the ones who paid most for that keyword. it doesn't matter if you're looking for a big wooden camera and they're selling camera phones.

Anybody wants to exchange link?
    http://www.dfoschisite.com
    Shoot me an e-mail!
    domenico@dslextreme.com