Hello,
I recently bought a used D4000 drum scanner in very good condition for scanning my 4x5 slides. The big problem is the software, or lack of. I run Windows XP SP2 on the scan-computer but can't find any driver for the scanner. The first thing that can't be alright is the fact that Windows lists 9 scanners. Would be really neat if I actually had 9 but there's only one standing on my table. The second problem are the drivers, where to get them?
I've searched on the Atzek homepage but only found a new firmware and no drivers for Win XP. I downloaded the Trident Software just to test the scanner, but since I don't own a license for the software, it runs only in demo mode and can't save the file. The scanner works fine under Trident.
But I'd like to use Silverfast since I used it now and then with a Minolta and Epson scanner and found it really comfortable to work with. But the D4000 demo-version I downloaded doesn't communicate with the scanner, most likely because there are no drivers installed.

So, calling all D4000 users, what do you use to operate your scanner? Is buying the Trident software the only way to go or are there some drivers/tricks avaliable to get it working with Silverfast?

thanks in advance
Clemens Bauer