Thread: Fine Focus Workshops Fall Foliage Workshop

Fine Focus Workshops Fall Foliage Workshop

We often receive requests to host a Fall Foliage Workshop. We have not done so before now, largely because of the scarcity and high price of accommodations in Vermont and New Hampshire during “leaf peeping” season. This year we have secured accommodations at Lopstick Lodge in Pittsburg, New Hampshire, at favorable rates, for arrival on Thursday, September 28th and departure on Sunday, October 1.

Pittsburg is in New Hampshire’s Great North Woods, at the northernmost part of the state bordered by Vermont, Quebec and Maine. This is largely a wilderness area, too far away from "civilization" to appeal to most "leaf peepers," thus affording us a great opportunity to photograph undisturbed. Virtually every kind of shooting for Eastern Land-scape photography is available ... waterfalls, scenic lake vistas, interesting old barns and other buildings, rock formations, etc.

We will start with an informal barbecue Thursday evening as people arrive. Friday and Saturday we will shoot in two or three different locations each day, and Sunday one or two. On one evening, Richard will lead a discussion of camera repair in the field. As usual, Bruce, Richard and Ted will spend their time working with and helping you in any way we can.

We have reserved accommodations for 11 participants in 3 three-bedroom cabins and 1 two-bedroom cabin, scattered around the First Connecticut Lake. These are modern, well equipped lodgings ... rustic, but comfortable. All have satellite TV.

Contact me or Bruce Barlow (BBarlow690@aol.com) or Richard Ritter (rr@lg4mat.net) for details and additional information.
    Last edited by Ted Harris; 25-Jun-2006 at 19:17.

I would be interested. I plan on leaving my public school teaching job at the end of this school year and work in my studio full time with the possibility of taking a part time teaching position at a Christian school close by. If I do this, I will have the time in the fall that I always wanted. If everything works out to plan, Lord willing, I will be able to do events such as this.

James

Senior for sure

Any space at the camp for medium sized travel trailer (26ft overall setup)? This is doable as a road trip for me, without having to seek out lodging, and all the storage space i need for gear.... 110 outlet desirable, but not absolutely necessary.