Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adobe and the Intel Mac

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Adobe and the Intel Mac

"In Mac OS X, PS pretty much never crashes, even when youo are working right at the limits of available disk space and memory. "

that's a good point ... i'm ususally so busy whining about the things that don't work, that i fail to notice blessings like this. i can't remember photoshop ever crashing on me, even when i was using my 1999 G3 imac to process half-gigabyte files.

Adobe and the Intel Mac

Or loosing time and data from a worm or virus (knock on wood...)

Adobe and the Intel Mac

Is there a "how-to" document around that would let us do this, and later restore things - or is it as simple as making some new directories outside of the Photoshop folder, and placing all the unused fonts and plugins in them ?

This depends on your OS. Typically, you move things in and out of your Plugins directory/folder to activate/deactivate. This directory is located somewhere within your Photoshop directory, depending on your OS. You can also have an additional plugins directory located elswhere and use that to keep your third-party plugins. I highly recommend this, since it allows greater control.

As far as fonts are concerned, they are typically placed into a special system folder to be activated and taken out to deactivate. Type and location of this directory/folder (s) depends on the OS. Also, there are numerous font-management utilities, one of which is supplied as part of OS X, although I would recommend something more serious. Personally, I prefer Extensis Suitcase.

There are numerous Photoshop dedicated sites out there and most of them have plenty of tips. Try http://photoshopcafe.com/ for starters.

And there is always Adobe itself, of course. They maintain pretty serious knowledgebase.

Regards,

Adobe and the Intel Mac

Hi there,

I don't use MAC but this might be of interest to MAC users:

www.stardock.com/products/multiplicity/

bottom of page 'OS X client in process', not just 2 monitors but up to 6 joined boxes.

Have fun with it.

Adobe and the Intel Mac

You can already do the same thing for free with Synergy. It works on Mac/PC/Linux.

http://www.tuaw.com/2005/06/03/how-t...-with-synergy/.

Adobe and the Intel Mac

A comparison of MacBook Pro CoreDuo with Powerbook G4 and PowerMac G5, for Adobe applications:

Barefeats.

Adobe and the Intel Mac

Barefeats

Huh, they never specified what exactly those "MP" and "SP" actions consisted of. There was no detail about the hardware running the test either.

That means their test cannot be reliably duplicated and verfied. In other words, it's just useless drivel.