Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shen-Hao 8x10 FCL810-A

Shen-Hao 8x10 FCL810-A

Hi, does anyone here have, or has seen the newer Shen-Hao 8x10 model FCL810-A?Looking for opinions as I'm still shopping for an 8x10.All I know so far is Jim at Midwest said He sent three back due to the bellows being glued on wrong, and Jeff at Badger saying He hasn't had a problem yet.Hmmm
    I've also been considering the Tachihara in the triple extension model, or a used Calumet C-1, but I can't seem to find a C-1 in really good condition, and the wood fields are available now.Thanks

Chris

Shen-Hao 8x10 FCL810-A

Is that the finish?

Shen-Hao 8x10 FCL810-A

Get a Wehman instead:-) Seriously, the Wehman 8x10 is an awesome camera with all the movements you would ever need, incredibly light and very rugged. I just came back from a photography workshop and everyone was very impressed with my Wehman - it is hard to beat the value you are getting with that camera - take a look at Bruce Wehman's website - you will not regret it and no, I have no affiliation with Wehman cameras other than being a very satisfied customer.
    Juergen

Shen-Hao 8x10 FCL810-A

Chris are you looking for Opinions, or facts? Not that I have either, just wondering where this is going to lead too?

Badger is listed as the official agent for Shen-Hao in the Western world on there website. Jeff at Badger has never done me wrong, and I am sure he would back up his product line that is all I have to offer.
    Good luck,
    Dan

Shen-Hao 8x10 FCL810-A

Hi Dan, well I was kinda in hope that someone who actually owns one, or used/handled one would chime in on both the facts and opinions

<Chris are you looking for Opinions, or facts? Not that I have either, just wondering where this is going to <lead too?

Shen-Hao 8x10 FCL810-A

Indeed, it looks like a nice camera. The movements appear to be ingeniously designed but I wonder about the longevity with such complicated mechanisms. I agree with the Wehman assessment. I wouldn't have any other camera.

Shen-Hao 8x10 FCL810-A

that's the one that's the sort of souped up heavyweight version of the Phillips?

It has some interesting refinements on it, but I can see a few potential problems (albeit woithout handling it...)

such as what's it actually made out of and how is it coated? I could see those lower hinges on the back and the way they are fitted being a potential problem. ALso it looks like they are just runnign wood on wood on the back slider rails? And I'm not two sure about the wire springs on the back/GG?

Anyone?
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Shen-Hao 8x10 FCL810-A

Chris, buy one! And then tell us what you think
    I have a Wehman myself, but I would have given this camera a serious consideration if it had existed at the time I got the Wehman.
    Amund

Shen-Hao 8x10 FCL810-A

I don't know -- to me it looks like something that was made in a high school shop class.

Shen-Hao 8x10 FCL810-A

I looked at the Shen Hao, but I ended up buying the Tachihara because (a) it was less expensive and (b) another photographer strongly recommended the Tachihara to me. I have not been disappointed. The Tachihara is very good value, and so far has worked impeccably. Mine is a double extension model.