Until just recently, I'd been shooting only with 35mm.
I became disenchanted back in 1988 with all sorts of commercial photography.
I retired as it were, there and then.
I've shot 8 x 10, 5 x 7 and 4 x5.
I used a lot of Hasselblads as well.
Trouble is, I only shot the big formats indoors.
Now,... many years later, I'm starting all over.
But outside this time, and with a eye to scenics and nature as my subjects.
I have absolutely no idea of where to even begin.
I have a used 4 x 5 camera,(calumet/cambo field type monorail), a 90mm lens, a 150mm lens and awaiting arrival of a 210mm lens.
I have the film backs, and 99% of the accessories etc, etc.
But not really sure about a lot of things.....
Here I need advice:
1) films today...(chromes, etc.) (everyone seems to have "one" favorite)
2) metering needs... (as far as the outdoors)( a spot meter is needed?)
3) lens needs for subjects...(scenics-wide angle, flowers-close-up/macro?)
4) using a "hood" as opposed to my generation of using a loupe, and everything was inversed and backwards.
5) A "Great Book" I can study???
Thanks to all of you in advance!