Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: photography

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

photography

i need to no all about photography, including income rate.

photography

First you need to learn to spell know.

photography

"all about photography" is a broad subject, requiring an answer far too long for this forum. Your local library should have any number of books which, at the very least, will help you to formulate specific questions. Using search engines, providing that you spell the search terms correctly, can also be helpful for summaries but, truely, the subject is too broad for a quick answer.
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.

photography

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photography

from $16.00/hr to $400,000+ pa to sales of $600,000 for a single image
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Beverly Hills, California

photography

Let me guess, your paper is due tomorrow?

photography

I've been at it quite a long while and I STILL need to know all there is to know about photography.

photography

alissa,
    Please budget several years of intensive study. And, get rid of the spell check program and/ or learn how to spell. Iam dyslexic, and would sell my soul to
    santa not to be.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

photography

"i need to no all about photography, including income rate"....why? You remind me of my highschool students who want everything done for them, refuse to "do the work", and don't know how to say please and thank you. Those two words go a long way.

photography

Here, Alissa, is all you need to know:

Part 1-Become a professional model. While modeling professionally, watch carefully the way photographers click the little button thingys on their cameras. You should also pay attention to the way a photographer compliments the client on their clothes/haircut/dog in between shots. Notice also how they sometimes click their cameras at weird things: the remnants of lunch, cigarette butts, old shoes. Along the way, do your best to remember how poorly photographers treat you during shoots.

Part 2- Start to age, and/or have your "look" go out of fashion. Don't fear. Get a camera, and tell everyone you're tired of being an object and feel the need to contribute to the world of art. Hang out in NYC and LA with stylists, designers, and magazine editors. Do NOT hang out with "regular" photographers- very unglamorous, usually with bad hair. Important detail: Along the way, take pictures of weird things: the remnants of lunch, cigarette butts, old shoes.

Soon you'll find you're being compensated rather handsomely- maybe not as well as when you were a model, but not bad for doing nothing. Even better, you'll still be the center of attention, but no longer have to look good on the morning of the shoot. This means you can stay up all night drinking, dancing and doing blow. Don't forget to treat the models poorly- you're the boss now!

Part 3- At some point, you'll start to age, and/or have your "look" go out of style. Don't fear. This is the point where you tell everyone you're tired of objectifying and feel the need to contribute to the world of art. Remember all those weird pictures? This is where they'll come in handy. Print them and have a show. Soon you'll find you're being compensated rather handsomely- even better than when you were a model- not bad for doing nothing. Here's the secret, Allisa: that nothing really is something- that something is ART.

All of us responding to your query know this story well- this is the road we followed to get where we are today. A long hard road to be sure, but one we've all followed to its glorious conclusion. We're photographers now, Alissa, photographers and artists.

When you reach the end of the the road, you'll be rich and famous, like we are. Do like we did: get a nice car, a dog who'll sit in your lap while you drive it, and a nice house in the Hollywood Hills. Treat yourself to an eight-ball now and then- You deserve it, Allisa. You're a photographer.
    jbhogan

photography

Why are you asking? What do you need to know?