Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stockholm Sweden July 26-Aug 31, 2006

Smile Stockholm Sweden July 26-Aug 31, 2006

Might as well make it a new thread.

It started kind of loose in the thread " Hands up if you have anything to do with Sweden".

Kind of an last minute fun gathering. It has been in the works for a while but has been changed to a closer date due to scheduling conflicts here on my end.

George from Luxemborg will be flying in the eveing of the 25th to Bromma and flying out the evening of the 1st of August. Bromma is one of many airports in the Stockholm area and the closest. Other alternatives are Arlanda (the main international airport), Västerås and Norrköping. The later two are about 1,5 to 2 hrs by bus to Sthlm.

I will put together a list of hotels and prices later this week. I will post one or two for being intown and the two closest to my studio. It all depends upon your budgets.

What we do and what people want to shoot is still kind of open. If I get concrete decisions from everyone on what you are interested in shooting I will put together a more finalized location shoot list.

Some areas of interest might be Sthlms architecture, nature, the archipelago and studio work should anyone be interested. Otherwise my daylight studio ( www.studio20m.com ) will be available for those whom want to develop by hand or should you have materials for Pt/Pd use my 5000W plateburner. I still haven't used it and am waiting for someone to show me the ropes. Flashes, Tungsten and HMI lighting is no problem either.

The bigger the cameras the better as we really want to put the new 20x24 color enlarger to the test! The photolabs owner will be around for anyone whom wants to develope film and or make some MONSTER prints.

George hopes to bring a 20x24 neg so we can play! http://www.largeformatphotography.in...cons/icon7.gif

Any takers?

Best Regards

Tedd
    Teddan

Re: Stockholm Sweden July 26-Aug 31, 2006

Hi Tedd,
    I'm looking forward to this gathering and hope to be there for atleast a few days (...need to make sure my kids have some fun too...)

I shoot 4x5" and would like to try to enlarge really big and I will bring some 25 sheets of Varycon KG Fiber 50x60cm. Hopefully I have my Pontiac Trans Sport back from service so Í could have some LFPs riding in my car...well we'll see.

Will do what it takes to be there,
    Patrik Roseen
    Last edited by Patrik Roseen; 20-Jun-2006 at 14:27.

Great!
    I am cleaning up the darkroom here at the studio so she will be ready to
    Rock and Roll!

Tedd
    Teddan

I exist, therefore I am

Hi Tedd
    Just to let you that I'll be trying to come for a couple of days. I can't give an definitive yes at the moment but I'm working on it. Will let you know later in the week.
    I know this is not going to help but I really don't know what I would like to shoot. But on the other hand, where ever you go there's always interresting details to be found if the light is right. So basicly I'm up for anything.
    What kind of costs would there be for using the studio, lab etc?

/Joakim

Will be great to finally meet you Joakim. Hope you can come for as many days as possible!

As far as costs for using my studio and my lab. I will not charge anything. I'll even buy the cinnamon rolls and the coffee is already loaded and ready to go!

We will be able to hang out at the lab where I have the 20x24 color enlarger as well. The owner Lars will be there and I am checking to see what kind of discount he can give us.

So bring your largest negs!
    Teddan

Hi Ted also looking forward for the gathering, but I have check the family calender before I can be more precise on date.

Mikael

GREAT! Good that you are already in Sthlm. Might be easier to slip away.

I would appreciate it if everyone could email me there contact info so that I can call
    you and discuss some final details and even mail you my contact info.

Tedd
    Teddan

Hello everyone!

Still working hotels and prices. I am waiting on the bosses for the two following hotels to get back to me. Hopefully monday as they have been on vacation. You can however see their normal pricing on their websites.

The first is the closet to the studio and a little bit further from the subway but still easy to get into town. It is a 5 minute walk to the studio. See the map.
    http://www.worldofhotels.com/18147.html
    http://soost.com/map.jpg

The second hotel is Flyghotellet. A little cheaper, next to the subway but longer to the studio. A single room for 400 kronor with breakfast and 600 kronor for a double with breakfast.
    http://www.flyghotellet.se/

Public transportation in the area is very good from early to late in the evening.
    20 Swedish kronor will get you around for 1 hour and is good for subway, bus, regular train and tram.

Like I said I hope to get a discount for us from one of the two if not both.

Other accomodations and info are available here:
    http://www.stockholmtown.com/

Regards

Tedd
    Teddan

I exist, therefore I am

Hi Tedd and everyone else
    I've booked a flight to Stockholm on the 25 july and back again on the 30. I've booked (still waiting for confirmation) a room at STF Fridhemsplan, a hostel. It's 435 SEk a night for a single room. If you Tedd can get a better price some where else as you mentioned or if some one wants to share a room somewhere I'm up for it. I can always cancel.
    The thing is. I'm leaving for two weeks in Italy the day after tomorrow, june 29 so i can't reply here until July 17.
    Hope everything gets sorted. I'm really looking foreward to this.

Cheers
    Joakim

Hi Joakim.
    Sorry for getting back to you solate. I have been SWAMPED with work.
    Flyghotellet has a single room for 400kr and 600kr for a double.
    There is a guy gtom Gothenburg by the name of Johannes whom is trying to come up as well. However George from Luxumborg will be here the same time so maybe you guys can team up? George? Is this ok?

George can you post your latest email to me here with your ideas?

Tedd
    Teddan