Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hands up if you have anything with Sweden to do

Hands up if you have anything with Sweden to do

Hej på Er allihoppa!

I am originally from Philadelphia but have been an active advertising photog here in Sthlm for the past 8 years. I am curious to whom else here is first and fore most from the Stockholm area? Or even from Scandinavia for that matter.

Maybe you are even planing a trip to this wonderful city? I am working on putting together a gathering here in Sthlm for August and would love to see if anyone is interested.

I myself have use a 12x20 Wisner, Teknika IV and other small things like Hasselblad and a Pentax Auto 110. :0)
    I together with Förstoringsateljén are in the last week or so of finishing a 20x24 INCH color enlager for all those interested.

You can check out my studio here: www.studio20m.com
    or my personal page here: www.soost.com

SKÅL!

Mvh
    Teddan

Hej Tedd,

Jo jag bor i Sthlm (du måste ha läst E6 processingtråden antar jag)...jag känner till flera storformatare i sthlm samt åtminstone en i Uppsala. Skulle vara kul med en gathering i höst. Vi hörs, Patrik Roséen

Hey! Come on! At least write in English so we can all understand!

Ha Ha!

Andrew is right. There could be some english speaking lurking in the dark alleys of Gamla Stan.
    It would be great if you guys have any websites to post the addresses here.

I have a thread going on www.mamutphoto.com about the gathering as well.
    I even have a newer updated mini gallery there as well. You can also see some pics from the Norway gathering with Ole there too.
    Teddan

Sorry Andrew, I just got a bit excited... I was saying that I know of several LF-photogs in Stockholm and Uppsala and that I look forward to a gathering in August. Again, I truly apologize! Kind regards, Patrik

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

And if at all possible, I'll be there too.

With a camera or two - maybe not the big Russian 30x40cm, but at least the small German 24x30cm. And a 5x7" or two. And probably a KW Patent etui 6.5x9 in a pocket.

A 20x24 enlarger? Holy cow, you must have one lunkenfullar of a basement!

Great Patrik!

Can't you give me a call when you get a chance? Do you work as a photographer as well?

Next question for everyone:

Anyone have experience with Pt/Pd? I have got this MAGNFICENT, monster, almost new, 5000 watt plate burner here in the studio!
    I would love to learn how to use it. So if you can teach me something my studio doors are open even for your own personal use...
    Teddan

Actually Jim...

www.forstoringsateljen.se is the lab whom will be housing the monster. The english version is coming soon....
    The lab is FULL service! They even develop my 12x20 sheets with perfect evenness. E-6, C-41, B&W and they actually do a lot of Cibachrome.
    They have several very large rooms with horizontal enlargers. Need a print 5 meters wide? No problem!

The gathering I am putting together here in Sthlm will also be visiting and playing at the lab, for those intrested.
    Teddan

Hi Tedd and everyone else,
    Patrik notified me of this thread and I'd be delighted to attend the gathering in Stockholm. The timing might be bad for me since I have to submitt my Ph.D. Thesis for print sometime in late August or early september, hence I cannot promise anything.

I'm using a Cambo Master PC 4x5" and have done so since January 2005. I am blessed with the membership of a photo club with a darkroom half a kilometer from where I live in Uppsala that has equipment for printing from up to 10x10" negatives.

I am a little bit reluctant since, since my interest in photography started in 2002, I've rapidly moved to larger and larger formats, and I am afraid that meeting photographers using larger large formats may inspire me to go further in size, and my better half is already complaining about the size of my equipment (photographic equipment that is ;-)).

A link to some of my photographs (not all LF though):

Fotosidan

I'll notify a friend of mine here in Uppsala who also recently become a LF photographer (he's using a Speed Graphic if I am not mistaken) and might be interested. Both of us are enthusiastic amateurs.

Regards,
    Richard