Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-6/C-41 processing lab in Baltimore, MD area

E-6/C-41 processing lab in Baltimore, MD area

Does anyone know of a good LF processing lab in the Baltimore area (Can include D.C., Philly, Wilmington, DE) that does mail order? The lab in Baltimore I was using seems to have disappeared. I hope it is okay to ask this question again since most of the information I can find on this subject is several years old now.

There are several but call Chrome in Georgetown first to see if they do mail order. They are the best in the area IMO. Probably as good is the National Geographic lab and I know they do mail.

Mike Lewis

Severn Graphics in Glen Burnie, MD does a good job with 4x5 E-6. I don't know if they do mail-order; I suggest you call.
    Mike Lewis
    mikelewisimages.com

Try Artography Labs at 410.467.5575.

They do nice work; not sure about handling it via mail.

Capital Color

http://www.e6slidefilmprocessing.com/

They only do E-6, but they're good, fast, and charge $2.50 per sheet.

B-L Labs Incorporated
    916 N Charles St
    Baltimore, MD 21201-5310
    (410) 727-8800

I get my occasional 8 x 10 E-6 done here.

Thanks to all who answered. You've been a big help.

Two mondays ago I learned that Artography has been sold. I don't know of the future viability of their processing E6 or anything else. Just a note of caution. I was told the buyer would set up at a smaller location, so IF that happens, I suspect the work will be sent out.

I am not sure if I would recommend Chrome. I have had trouble getting prints from them. Cibachrome prints are beautifull, and that's what I tried to get. I've only had two transactions with them. The first print came back with unacceptable marks on the print from the fungus that I was not aware of on the slide. Their initial reply was that they felt that was acceptable. I went to Artography, and they cleaned or washed a similar slide. I asked why Chrome had not done that, and they later cleaned the slide, and the print was great. However, I did have to go through a lot of hoops to make that happen. Recently, I had a 16X20 print made from a 35 mm negative. I sent an letter asking them not to print it if that it would not go that far. It did not go that far, but they printed it, and I cannot use it. Portions of the enlargement are nowhere near as sharp as I need. They printed it yellow, and did not burn part of the image that I asked for. This cost $86. I'm going to send it back, but we'll see. More hoops to go through. My contact is already aware that I am not pleased. She suggests I call her supervisor.

I second Capital Color

http://www.e6slidefilmprocessing.com/

They are the very best for E6. They've processed my film for over a decade. What's nice is you deal with the owner, not some kid with an attitude. Mike is very hands on guy.

As far as C-41, I've used Dodge Color for years, but they are about the move, and I heard they may dump their C-41 line with the move.

http://www.dodgecolor.com/

A drag 'cause their C-41 line was always so clean.