Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forum moderators must make tough judgement calls

Forum moderators must make tough judgement calls

I enjoy a site that is frequented mostly by grownups.

in the begining of the adress you will see "www" it is basicaly open to people all over the world, why dose our (i am a usa resident) have to follow our constitution...and why would the same govern the board??

LOL

Marko, you're an amazing defender of George Carlin. Grin.

I own his original record (not CD), and have been a long time admirer of his comedy.

That's why I gave him credit by using "'George Carlin' words" as a reference. My usage was an easy cultural way of saying the "rude words" without writing them.

In no way was I saying the man, George Carlin, was behaving with the rudeness of some who post on this forum. The genious of Carlin is, by using these select words in comedy, he took way the negative power associated with these words.

The way to react to forum postings that are rude or use bad language is to use Carlin's technique. Laugh at the rudeness, or at least ignore it by not reacting at all. A bully wants to get a reaction so the bully can feel powerful. By not reacting to rude behavior, we defeat the bully.

Walt, if he really needed defending, he wouldn't deserve it. And he definitely wouldn't be having shows and selling records... I got your point perfectly, it was just too good an opportunity to make a point of my own to miss it.

But seriously, the real genius of people like him is their ability to evoke a clear mental image in their listeners using just a few "select" words. Or should I say "provoke"? It's the picture part that makes a photographer in me admire them. I also envy them because their images often seem clearer than mine.

Regards,

suggestion to those who become grammatically impaired when they are impassioned: email direct comments to a contributor friend (who is thick skinned - as jj used to say everybody should be -- based on his ravings), the friend can then translate for the rest of us and post. [The moderators don't have time to individually edit - they only remove]

I am not particularly "thick-skinned" (I always wear protective gloves around the Dektol) myself and do appreciate Tuan's teams efforts and the positive contributions from everybody. Thanks

"Forum moderators must make tough judgment calls" ... Hopefully they will not kick the heck out of themselves in the process...