Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: View Camera Conference

View Camera Conference

Many of our special sessions/workshops on Thursday and Friday are filling up so if you are interested please let us know. The trade show is free and there is still lots of room in the Fri-Sunday panels and seminars.

Here is a possibility for the Friday night Keynote address. The staff photographer from Playboy. No, not s slide show of centerfolds but a look back at the large format euipment that Playboy has used over the years and how it has been used. Afterwards there will be a discussion on what is involved in running a photo business.

any thoughts, comments, etc.

steve simmons

View Camera Conference

Who is the photographer from Playboy Magazine?

View Camera Conference

Steve-

Do you have details on what seminars will be which day? The latest VC just listed a couple of the big workshops. I am hoping to have time to make it for Sunday but would like to know what there will be beside the scanning seminar that day.

Thanks!

View Camera Conference

Steve,

In answer to your question, he definitely sounds like a good choice to me. Anything portrait-related is great for me right now.

View Camera Conference

There is an up to date schedule on our web site

www.viewcamera.com

thanks

steve simmons

View Camera Conference

Steve-

The only thing I can see on the VC website is a pdf of the exact same ad from the Jan-Feb issue. It was on pages 64-65 of that issue. That lists major workshops, but does not provide details of the seminars. It says there will be several seminars, it even lists the topics, but does not give specific days or times of those seminars.

For example I would like to attend the Photographing the Landscape Seminar or backpacking with LF. But I do not know when those will be.

I will be in the Chicago area that weekend but will only have time for one day of the conference, I would like to know what type of seminars might be available on what day.

Do you have a list of what seminars will be on what days and times?

Thanks!

View Camera Conference

The pdf on the View Camera website looks exactly like the ad, but if you look closely, you will see that it does include the days for the seminars in the listing of seminars offered. (I had to look a few times myself before I caught it)

View Camera Conference

Seminar Topics
    Friday from 2-6pm - The Art and Craft of Black and White, Architectural Photography, Alternative Processes, Presenting Your Work; Saturday - Film Testing Techniques, Portraiture with Large Format, Understanding and Using Staining Developers, Backpacking and Traveling with Large Format, The HABS/HAER Program, Book Publishing, Digital Output Options,
    Scanning, The Mammoth Camera, Getting Started in Large Format, Buying Used Equipment, Lenses and Optics; Sunday - The Future of Large Format Film, Digital Capture,
    Photographng the Landscape, Advances in Black and White Digital Printing

This is what is on the web page

steve simmons

View Camera Conference

Forgive me.....but I just don't get this 'slight-of-hand'. What is the problem with telling us WHO is going to give the keynote address, and WHO is going to conduct the forums and workshops.

If you are hesitant to tell us, then I get suspicious. Any other convention I have ever attended (and there have been MANY) really spotlight's the speakers, their qualifications and experience.

Why not HERE. Why the silence and slight-of-hand?

IF YOU WAN'T OUR MONEY....TELL US WHAT WE ARE BUYING! That's only fair.

View Camera Conference

We are setting up the speakers as I write this. We are not taking anyone's money. Even those who have called in to reserve a spot and given us CC info are being told that we will not charge their card until just before the event. This has always been our policy. When we do workshops we do not charge people until just before the workshop so, in th event they have to cancel we've never had their money and no refund is necessary.

We have put on three successful conferences and people have almost universally been happy so we have a track record.

So, it there is a workshop you would like to do call us and save your spot. Their is no risk as we will not charge your card. If you do not like the speaker call back and take your name off the list. There will undoubtedly be a waiting list.

steve simmons