Thread: Precision Camera Works

Precision Camera Works

I recently sent my Linhof over to Bob Watkins at Precision Camera Works for GG replacement and Fresnel installation. The camera arrived from Austria a while back with a cracked GG. I still shot with it but did intend to replace the GG and have a Fresnel installed so I could use a reflex viewer. I am located in the Miami FL area and I made a few calls around for a local repair, but could not find anyone willing to do it. So the day finally came and I decided to ship it off to Bob after I read a few recommendations from Frank Petronio on this forum about how good his work is. I am glad I did as the camera was repaired and shipped back in a very reasonable amount of time and cost. I recently developed some film for the first time since the repair and the focus is tack sharp! Thank you Frank and kudos to Bob Watkins and Beth at Precision Camera Works!

Precision Camera Works

another knod to bob watkins. he recently completely rebuilt the 8x10 format kit on my arca swiss f-line and did a FANTASTIC job of it. the job was completed on time and the quality of his work is simply awsome.

Precision Camera Works

I'm glad to hear there is a good reputable place to have Linhofs repaired. You don't want to know about my experience with the authorized Linhof service center!

Precision Camera Works

I've used him, also, both for a Mamiya 7ii CLA last spring and to get some spare Arca Swiss bubble levels a few years ago. Like you, I was quite pleased with both transactions. He did the Mamiya CLA for much less than MAC wanted and had it back to me in about a week.

Precision Camera Works

Bob repaired my Sinar Norma last year after it was run over by a guy on a bicycle. He did a great job (it needed a bit of alignment to say the least). The lens however was another story....

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Precision Camera Works

Uh, if you don't mind me asking, Scott, but why did you have your 8X10 Arca F-line kit rebuilt?

Precision Camera Works

rory, no prob... i bought it used and some of the metal parts were showing signs of corrosion. so, i sent the whole thing to bob and he basically rebuilt the entire thing... new gg, new fresnel, new springs, new hardware, and on - i think the only parts he kept were the frame and the bailer handle! as i said, he did a fabulous job. the format kit is a joy to use - in about 15 seconds i can turn my 4x5 f-line into an 8x10 f-line. oh, and the bellows are amazing. i can use lenses from 80mm - 600mm with them (if only my 80 had the coverage).