Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empire 11x14 on eB*y

Empire 11x14 on eB*y

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7583535026&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

currently 5 hours left and 35 dollar bid

Empire 11x14 on eB*y

Now it's over $300. I had been watching this camera for a while. So much for the deal.

Are you the seller?

Empire 11x14 on eB*y

Shhh. It's okAy to say "EbAy"!

Not sure where this notion started, but specific references by name to "that large auction site" (as another euphemism often has it) ARE allowed here.

Empire 11x14 on eB*y

You can post about eBay. You can even provide links to eBay auctions. So why the hell is everyone so afraifd to say eBay. This is ridiculous. The name of the auction site is eBay. It's not "that auction site" or "eB*y." It's eBay. Repeat after me. eBay. eBay. eBay.

Sheesh.

Empire 11x14 on eB*y

I am so in amazement

Whenever there is a chance to score a decent deal on EBAY

Someone, for some reason, feels the need to post a link to guarantee that the price will be driven up.

Randy, are you personally involved in thia auction???

Terence

Empire 11x14 on eB*y

The fear of saying eBay (eBay , eBay , eBay , eBay !!!) is a holdover from this forum's time as part of photo.net where Phil Greenspun had a bizarre rule about not mentioning companies that didn't sponsor the site.

Old School Wayne

Empire 11x14 on eB*y

I agree with Dave and Thomas. Happens all the time, and all in the frustrating name of public service I guess. I dont get it. Well in this case I do get it, since clicking on "Randy" gives "No name available" and zero posts so it seems pretty likely a plot by the seller .

Old School Wayne

Empire 11x14 on eB*y

OK Moderators what gives? This is the second time in as many weeks that I have put my foot in my mouth about someone not posting here before, and ten seconds after that suddenly their posts show up. Do I need a special access code or something? I checked every name in this thread just to make sure it wasnt a temporary glitch like last time (cuz I dont enjoy foot in mouth, though I am good at it), and everyone's posts showed up except Randy's. Sorry bout that Randy.

Empire 11x14 on eB*y

I agree with the others: it has never happened to me, but I would be very annoyed if it did.

It's simple: if someone is looking for a particular item, then they will have already seen the auction. If they are not looking, then all telling them about it does is encourage them to put in a speculative bid, driving up the price for the eventual buyer. Whatever the price is at the time is totally irrelevant as there are almost certainly several snipes ready to trigger in the last few seconds of the auction.

The only person this helps is the seller, not any of the serious prospective buyers.

Empire 11x14 on eB*y

Wayne - sorry about the "no name available" situation you encountered. I'm not clear on what might have caused it (other activity on the server, perhaps?), but if the software, for whatever reason, can't find the name, it won't find the associated posts, either. So, if you encounter that, all I can suggest is to try again in a few seconds.