• Portland, OR

46 29.68%
  • Albuquerque/Santa Fe, NM

23 14.84%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: View Camera conference

Re: View Camera conference

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lopez
    What's the projected population increase of Portland if/when a conference is held here?
    Regardless of where the next Conference is held, let's ALL commit to attending. The paid attendance at Rockford was about 150. The more people we attract, the better and bigger the conference can be.
    By contrast, an international ceramics arts conference being held this year in Louisville (which was held in Portland last year) is expected to bring in 6000 people.
    We really need to get out there and push our friends and colleagues to attend. And I'm going out right now to visit a group of photographers who congregate on Saturday morning at a great local used camera store to do just that.

Re: View Camera conference

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Paletti
    Regardless of where the next Conference is held, let's ALL commit to attending. The paid attendance at Rockford was about 150. The more people we attract, the better and bigger the conference can be.
    By contrast, an international ceramics arts conference being held this year in Louisville (which was held in Portland last year) is expected to bring in 6000 people.
    We really need to get out there and push our friends and colleagues to attend. And I'm going out right now to visit a group of photographers who congregate on Saturday morning at a great local used camera store to do just that.

Hi Paul,

My question was more or less tongue-in-cheek. There was another thread on here about Portland recently, and it was pointed out that more and more people are moving here, etc., so I was pointing out that having a convention here is another way to advertise relocations to Oregon.

Thanks for all the info you are sharing about Louisville. I've "cut the corner" of Kentucky on a road trip before, but I've never been to Louisville. Sounds nice.

Mike