Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: vitriolic abuse

vitriolic abuse

JJ wrote: Thank God it is only 'some of you'. Now why don't you look for the rest of the bad guys? They are right here in the good old USA firing up the imagination of people who would put the young people of this country into Grave Danger for the sake of your impoverished imagination.

I don't care if I get kicked out of here. You are one fucking sick puppy, Frank. You are the enemy. You are a paranoid freak. And you are a fucking poseur. If you want to fight the fight, then do it. But you won't. You are lifestyle poseur - you know nothing on this earth at this time will ever challenge your unreal, typed, opinions, so you type away to put the rest at risk. YOU ARE THE ENEMY.

Just fuck you, Frank.

Well, that's the most offensive, most vitrolic, most abusive thing I've read in a long time.

After the last little brouhaha with Simmons, I had decided that I was no longer going to participate in this forum online. I'd read posts, and if I felt a really deep need to respond, I'd do it offline via private email. And, for the past week, that's been more or less working.

But this - this little liberal hatefest, it's too much. I don't want to read about your politics, I just want to read about large format photography. Is that really, in the end, just beyond your ability? To just talk about cameras, and film, and the challenge of making photographs? Do you really need to make every thread devolve into Bush bashing, and anti-war rants, and bashing of America?

I'd like to extend my sincere gratitude to the moderators for their patient work. I'd like to thank Tuan, who conjured this site from the formless void, and in the process built a wonderful community that enhanced my life greatly. Thanks, also, to Tom and Bjorn, and everone else who helped pluck the forum back from the brink during the great photo.net brouhaha. I do actually understand how much work you folks put in, and I do appreciate it profoundly. And, if I've left someone out, as I'm sure I have - I'm sorry. I appreciate your work, too.

And all those people who've helped me out - my profound thanks. Thanks, too, to those folks who let me help them out when I could.

So long.

vitriolic abuse

Show your profound appreciation by contributing to this wonderful community.

vitriolic abuse

I vote we keep Paul & give jj the boot. I see very little worthwhile input from jj. Paul seems to be one of the more knowledgeable posters I've seen in this forum.

Do us all a favor jj.....either offer a decent contribution to this forum, or go blow your hot air elsewhere.

vitriolic abuse

SOS. Moderators, please block jj's IP ASAP.

vitriolic abuse

I, too, vote we keep Paul and give jj the boot. jj has potential, and he is sometimes funny, but of late, he rarely contributes in any meaningful way. jj's most recent stuff is over-the-top bad.

vitriolic abuse

I also would like to see jj removed from this board. There's just no excuse.

vitriolic abuse

Paul,

"But this - this little liberal hatefest, it's too much. I don't want to read about your politics, I just want to read about large format photography. Is that really, in the end, just beyond your ability? To just talk about cameras, and film, and the challenge of making photographs? Do you really need to make every thread devolve into Bush bashing, and anti-war rants, and bashing of America?"

You could have simply called JJ on the carpet for his rant, but instead you have to include your little political rant too. How can you denounce these political discussions, but contribute to them EVERY time? If you want them to end then do your part and quite participating in them.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

vitriolic abuse

I'd like to extend my sincere gratitude to the moderators for their patient work.
    And all those people who've helped me out - my profound thanks. Thanks, too, to those folks who let me help them out when I could.

So long.

Paul,

You are one of the people whose knowledge and civility attracted me to this board and who finally enticed to me plunge into LF. I hope you won't take offense in my imploring that you reconsider. If you leave now, all your efforts will effectivelly be for nothing and you will have let one profane loudmouth chase you away.

And you are right, politics should have no place on this board. It's vile stuff.

Best regards,

Marko

vitriolic abuse

I have been an avid reader and a sometime poster on this site for about ten months and have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge. I am truly thankful for a community of people who care about LF, and more importantly who are kind enough to share their knowledge and give helpful advice.

I think that personal attacks have no place on this forum. If one does not agree with anothers opinion, and they are unable to convince them of the correctness of their own opinion, then they should just accept that there will always be differences of opinion. Then move on. If they want to continue the discussion, especially if it does not relate to LF photography, perhaps they should continue it using private messages.

vitriolic abuse

Bye, bye, JJ.