Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of or used a KT camera?

Anyone heard of or used a KT camera?

Here is a link: www.ktcamera.com/english/ShowDetail.asp?ID=23. I tried googling for this on this site and globally, but could not find any other information about it.

This camera appears to have some limited shift/rise/fall movements but no tilt/swing as far as I can tell. Something like the yet-to-be-released Fotoman 45PS.

I have noticed these for sale on eBay over the past few months. There have also been a few discussions here. This is a Chinese made camera as is the Fotoman and I suspect that that they may use the same parts or even be assembled in the same factory.

Never having seen either this beast or the Fotoman offering all my comments are speculation but I would guess that they are both largely based on the Silvestri line or the similar Cambo.

We'll know for sure if and when it finally appears, but based on what I recall from postings on the web here and there over the months, I think the Fotoman 4x5 design is different, and is unique to them.

Doesn't look like there's Silvestri influence in the KT.

BTW, if their delivery is as slow as their network service...

Me, I will stick to things made outside China, thanks.

What a very pretty handle on that camera. It's a shame that there's no viewfinder so the camera is fairly useless hand held. (Unless, of course, you enjoy guessing composition when hand holding a camera...I suppose with a lot of practice you might get good at that.) I can't find viewfinders for sale anywhere on their site. I guess they figure you'll find one somewhere.

I sometimes wonder if the people designing these cameras have ever actually tried to use them.

Fotoman Camera & KT are in no way affiliated, and the cameras are not manufactured in the same facilities. Fotoman cameras are our own unique products, designed by us and produced for us exclusively. Our cameras are built using certifiable materials which in some cases (T6061 aluminum) must be acquired outside of China. Fotoman cameras are produced on USA and Japanese CNC machine tools, in order to maintain the exacting tolerances specified. The upcoming Fotoman 45PS camera (deliveries start in February, 2006) is not a technical styled camera. The 45PS is designed specifically to excel at hand held usage, and as such comes with a low distortion, accurate optical viewfinder for lenses ranging from 47 thru 300mm. The design of the 45PS camera is similar in form and function to the Linhof Teknar or Sinar Handy cameras... while the KT camera is much more of a technical camera in concept.

Thanks for the update Paul, it's good to hear the project is still alive.

Thanks Paul .... looking forward to seeing it. As for the KT ... anyone here seen one?

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

linhof technar, paul.

sorry we did not meet at photokina. i was and am more in rotapan-technology. your 45camera seems really interesting. anyway kt has a very interesting universal 617-back for the fotoman. i think its the best around. i may err. seagull has a similar one in their prospectus. i have met kt at photokina. they were also at pma. you can ask questions in FAQ-section. or call up. maybe fax helps. they have an english interpreter. they do not reply email. i guess email is blocked. china controls everything. some regions are not blocked. also msn-messenger is a problem if you like to speak. in one word: CHINESE CENSORSHIP. as we know usa is not better. they also control everything. with or without official permission. sorry for being political. but its the truth.
    i know of a astronomy company(see last link) offering a vaccum-filmholder(horseman 6x9/45-special-version). . anyway, they have also a sheetfilm 4x5/vaccum-holder. plus one for pentax 67 for only 450 usd. 550 usd-version for humid-environment. i am dreaming of a 4x5 inch(126/127)-rollfilm-vaccumholder. development should be possible.
    here are some link with new informations(e.g. i did not know of a toyo-vaccumback):
    http://astro.umsystem.edu/apml/ARCHIVES/JUN01/msg00148.html
    http://www.sciencecenter.net/hutech/techdocs.htm
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

toyo-4x5 or 6x9-vaccum-back. i dont know if 69 is for sheet or roll-film. toyo has roll-film-backs.
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch