Thread: Garbage spam mail from a LF seller... :(

Garbage spam mail from a LF seller... :(

Greetings LF Photographers...

Have any of you LF shooters on this forum received an email from these sellers?

www.globalmatter-lab.net

Their email "subject line" is: The Most Famous Large Format Cameras and Lenses

What a PITA receiving unsolicited (garbage) spam mail from such an outfit!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

No but I just got one from a place called Pen Island which sells custom pens. It is a legitimate site but they must be so clueless as to have the funniest URL in history.

Spam is spam I am

Merry Christmas

I haven't gotten any spam from that address, but I have bought a few things from him on eBay (userid--"nsfw"). He has a good stock of interesting items, but his English isn't always so great, so it's best to clear up any ambiguities in his descriptions before making a purchase. I gather he's a Linhof and LF collector who works as a research scientist of some sort. If you look at the pictures he posts, sometimes you'll see, say, in a photo of a copy stand or some mundane thing, a shelf with a dozen Technikas in the background.

I've had two in the last two days. David is correct as to his ID as I have often watched some of his auction items.
    I've also sent questions regarding some of the items and have never received a response.
    Kinda tacky but guess you can't blame him for being enterprising.
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

You've got to be kind of careful with this guy. I had him convert one of my 3x4 graflex cameras into a 4x5.. While he did a great job on the back, he never adjusted the focus on the viewing glass and so the camera would never focus correctly. I had to send it back to him numerous times (each time paying for the shipping out of my pocket) and he never got the focus right. I don't think he understood this very important step and his english was so bad that I just gave up out of frustration.

LOL...not only did I get the spam, but I also got the responses from Patrick Thrush and another guy named Yajun Liu, who was upset because he got his e bay account spammed. Since this came to the e mail address I use exclusively for E bay, the spam came from E bay hacked addresses, not from the LF forum.

YES, I got it. Thanks for asking.

The fool kept all the receipients' addresses in the header so he spread our addresses to everyone. It appears he did a couple mailings. Sometimes I wish I could just reach into the 'net and bitch-slap those spammers.

Hi guys,

Thanks... it's a real pita when your email box gets filled up with this crap!

David,

Thanks for the info on this guy... yes, I've sent him this guy a message in regard to his auctions at one time or another. If nothing else.. he sure has nerve doing what he did. Openly posting people's email addresses...

Jimson... makes me want to do business with him!!!! NOT!

Jorge... me too! The guy wasn't too, too pleased with the email either. Can't say that I blame him!

JJ... I'll drink to that! Problem with bitch-slapping people like that is that they'd turn around and file a law suit!

Anyway... will ignore their emails in the future.

Top of the season to all... and a Healthy, Happy, and Prosperous 06 as well.

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Yes, I was bit by him when he substituted a broken, missing parts, and lesser grade Pressman D for the one I thought I had bought. Paid a pretty penny for this "mint" camera too, as it had been shill bidded up to nearly $400.

When I received his unsolicited and violation of ebay policy mailing, it looked like it was addressed to just a few addresses. I hit "reply all" and imagine my surprise as I watched several hundred mailings go out. My bad...

It did generate close to 30 emails to me from unhappy buyers who similar things had happened too and could never get satisfaction either. Even through the eBay complaint process. None of them posted negatives because it is obvious that everyone who has done so in the past has gotten a negative from him. This is one of the great flaws to the ebay rating system.

Cheers,

Patrick

P.S. See many of you back in APUG!