Day before yesterday I got back my first wide format inkjet print from the photo of Rocks I posted the other day. I thought it was very good quality.
As part of my research I sent the same image for printing by laser onto Pro Fuji Gloss colour paper. I uploaded via FTP at night when they were closed. In the morning(yesterday) I checked the status and it said it was "printing". By lunch I got an email saying it had been dispatched. It arrived at 9am today(christmas eve). Basically I'm very very impressed with the quality and speed of this lab. The laser print on fuji high gloss paper makes the inkjet look very ordinary by comparison. The laser print is also bigger and cheaper.

The digital LAB is at photobox. Its not a "pro" lab but then you ain't paying pro prices.

18x12 inch print was £10.50 which included vat and postage. Bargain in my view.

criticisms:

files must be sent as jpeg. jpeg file size was 7.2MB(max quality) whereas same file in an uncompressed tif was 40MB (8bit) which is a bit big for more than occasional upload anyway(on my connection anyway).

Also, tone color in the print was stronger than I expected but my system is not properly calibrated and another test or two should see that right.