Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Satin Snow Ground Glass

Satin Snow Ground Glass

Ditto on the Great Glass at a VERY Reasonable Price!!! I ordered one for my 8x10 wisner after attending the Fine Focus Workshop in Vermont and having Bruce Barlow and Richard Ritter recommend I do something to brighten my view. I believe it was Richard that suggested Satin Snow. I knew it would be a while before it arrived. I got it about two weeks ago and was astonished at how much brighter it was compared to the original. I immediately ordered a spare 8x10 and a couple 4x5s for my Zone VI. Much Thanks to Dave and Richard.

Highly Recommended....both Satin Snow and Fine Focus Workshops!

Satin Snow Ground Glass

Dave at SS is definitely one of the class acts in this business. I have his GG on my Shen-Hao and it's like night and day compared to the original. And the price is amazing. It makes you wonder why if SS can sell a GG for about $20, why other manufacturers sell theirs for like $200.

Satin Snow Ground Glass

Maybe a silly question, but I want to order an exact-size Satin Snow replacement glass for my Graphic View II, which is listed there there on the site as one of the cameras they've fitted.

But in the ordering column there's no option for selecting sizes, only nominal 4x5 etc with or without corners. Does anyone see there how to specify and order a particular size, or for a particular camera?

They say they are out of town for the holidays, but I want to get in an early order for next year.

Thanks!

Satin Snow Ground Glass

David,

When you check out you will find a comments/special instructions box, just let us know there and I will know what size to make your screens.

Thanks everybody, and Happy Holidays.

We will start getting all the new orders out right a way, upon our return from the Holidays, Our goal is to ship all orders in 2006 with in two weeks.

Thanks again, I will have email access while we are away from the shop, so if you have questions, please feel free to drop us a note.

Dave Parker

Satin Snow Ground Glass

Satin Snow Ground Glass

Thanks David! I'll go ahead and order.

Merry Christmas.

Satin Snow Ground Glass

I concur 100% with all the positive comments regarding Dave and the Satin Snow ground glass screens. I recently purchased a 5x7 Dorff with a 4x5 reducing back. The ground glass in both the 5x7 and 4x5 backs weren't that terrific.

Unbeknownst to me... the 4x5 reducing back was not 4x5 exactly. It came from a Graflex back and, therefore, was of a different dimension.

What I did was to take the old GG from each back, traced them onto a sheet of paper, and emailed the drawings to Dave.

Well, guess what? They both dropped into the respective backs like they were always there. The dimensions were dead on!

Lastly, Dave said I'd have them before the middle of December... they arrived during the first week!

Satin Snow is a great company to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate in doing business with them again... or recommending them to anyone in need of a replacement ground glass!

Thanks Dave!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Satin Snow Ground Glass

I just wish they would offer more options for permanent grid patterns. As it stands now I either have to print a transparency from a template or simply rule them on with a pencil.